1. Moderator Applications are open! Find out about this, along with a number of other updates, here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

[3DS] DK Jungle

Discussion in 'Banana Cup' started by robel, Mar 28, 2015.

1. robel

robel

Team:
    sv¢

Currently WR By :flagUS: David : (non-advantage)

Hello, I'm Robel. I am 19th World Wide and former Top10 on [3DS] DK Jungle with a time of 1:58.831 after putting a lot of time into that track, since I really like it. The new strats made the track in my opinion more fun which made me trying to get Top10s there. Sorry, but I'm not able to record my run.
    Everything you need for this track are really nice softings and nerves, because even a small choke here could make you lose a lot of time.

Combo:

Non-Advantage: Blue Falcon // Sports Coupé
    Advantage: Streetle // Blue Falcon

Lap 1:

You easily start with 2 quick hops (right - left) and one demon slide to the right to take the turn close enough. Then charge a Softdrift for 1.5 Seconds and move your stick to the right until you get the SMT, then fire hop to the right for 3 Times (right-right-right) so you hit the little bough, jump pretty high and hit the coin in the middle.

Coins.png
    For people with very nice softings, are able to take the coin on the very right with an SMT, it's faster because then you can go for 3/3 SMTs, which would save overall .150 ×3 instead of .150 ×2
    Basically, first of all you need to take the turn really tight to release the MT as early as possible, then you need to charge your SMT while softing it until you get close to the grass. If you are close enough, then hold your stick to the right until the SMT appears. And when it appears, release it instantly and do the hop pattern (right-right-right) to the bough.

If you survived the first steps, continue with the Super Bounce by you hold your stick to the left and release the MT when you hit the Flower. Then slide like (right-left) and drift to the left until you get the SMT, release your SMT before you hit the bridge. Then Fire hop like (right-left-right-right-left) on the left side of the bridge to collect 2 Coins.

smt.png

After the hops, continue with a softdrift to the right so you get the MT quick enough for taking the Shroom cut decent.
    After the Shroom got used, you Fire Hop (right-right-left-right-left) or (right-left-right-left-right).
    Depends how you take the Shroom Cut, also (right-right-left-right-left) is easier in my opinion so you can take the following two coins easier.
    If you hit the 1st Boost-Panel, then wait until you get to the 2nd Boost-Panel without a Trick and charge an MT in the air while you get two coins and release it after the 3rd Boost-Panel.
    After you released the MT in the air, you have to drift to the right instantly with an simple MT, continue with 1 Slide/Hop to the left and drift the whole way to collect 2 more coins, until you release another SMT.

LolXd.png

After you released your SMT, slide like (right-left) and Drift to the right, right after the last Slide, so you can easily use your MT after you passed the big banana in the middle.

OR:

You simply slide like (right-right-left) and Trick which works well aswell, but you would lose around .050.

Mt.png

Continue with simple demon slides after the released MT until you get to the Glider.
    If you released the last SMT of the Lap, then fire hop like (right-left) and charge an MT on the ramp instead of tricking there.​

Lap 2:

If you get into Lap2, you start with 3 Slides (left-left-left) and a drift to the left instead of an SMT like in Lap1 because of the Coin.

--- OR ×

But, if you've done the SMT in Lap1 on the third coin, then feel free to do the SMT right there on the second coin, instead of collecting the first coin with the three slides.

Coin.png

The way until the bridge is the same like in Lap1.
    So, when you are charging your SMT until the bridge you use a different Fire Hop pattern than in Lap2 since you need the 2 coins on the right side of the bridge.
    The Fire Hop pattern would be (right-left-right-left-right) if you release your SMT early enough.
    After that, you should be at 10 Coins.

Lap 2 and 3 differences :

◇ In Lap 2 you have to collect 3 Coins when you are already at 10 Coins in Lap3, that's why your Lap3 probably faster than your Lap2
    ◇ You can charge another SMT at the beginning of Lap 3 which saves .150

--- Small tip:
    Hold your stick at the glider each lap instantly down when you got the trick, and don't move it until you get to the ground, it's in my opinion way better because you won't jiggle while gliding.
    Of course you can do it like you want, but it's saver, and won't make you actually choke.​

Let me know if you have any questions or if there are some mistakes.
    Just tag me on this Thread.
    Thanks a lot for reading and good luck on this track!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    up2000, lonelymoon, Doodle and 5 others like this.
  2. robel

robel

Team:
    sv¢
    ~

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Yui/Björn likes this.
  3. Ebba

Ebba My Funny Valentine

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Х2
    GO ROBEL OMG

robel likes this.
  4. SwiftCat

SwiftCat

Team:
    Zealous
    LETS DO IT PUTAIN <3

5. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Nice, thanks a lot Robel! One step closer to having all tracks.

robel likes this.
  6. Thib'

Thib'

Team:
    Yoshi Family
    Nice Robel ! Thanks :D
    #Banana

7. Sergeant Guy

Sergeant Guy

Team:
    not svc
    For dpaders:

-Since you cant do the smt strat, do 3 left slides.
    -Expect mass air at sc unless you get a lucky one
    -You cant do the extra hop/slide on 1st anti grav mt due (again) to massive air
    -On lap 2-3, you cant do the extra slide after super bounce because lolsoftdrifts

Here's my run (former wr)

like robel said rdkj is very fun with either controller so good luck to y'all

robel likes this.
  8. Dinostraw

Dinostraw

Team:
    I never thought I'd ever see this word used with this track without a negative implication. Nice to see this track finally has a guide though lol XD

9. Yui/Björn

Yui/Björn

Team:
    Mp
    no problem dude <3

robel likes this.
  10. lonelymoon

lonelymoon Banned ;_;

• Banned
    Team:
    None
    Overall, very good guide, it even cracked me up a little. Thank you @Robel :D

11. robel

robel

Team:
    sv¢
    > Then Fire hope

LOL, Sorry about that x) I will fix that xd
    and Thank you :) @lonelymoon

lonelymoon likes this.
  12. SuperFX

SuperFX HD's worst time trialer

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    High Definition
    Gj getting guide!

robel likes this.
  13. Ansgar

Ansgar

Team:
    RU
    "You easily start with 2 quick hops (right - left) and one demon slide to the right to take the turn close enough. Then charge a Softdrift for 1.5 Seconds and move your stick to the right until you get the SMT, then fire hop to the right for 3 Times (right-right-right) so you hit the little bough, jump pretty high and hit the coin in the middle."​

The beginning hop pattern is right neutral, not right left. The hop pattern for the 2nd SMT is r r r l, not only r r r. And actually, you shouldn't get that much air from the little bough, because you lose time otherwise.

"If you survived the first steps, continue with the Super Bounce by you hold your stick to the left and release the MT when you hit the Flower. Then slide like (right-left) and drift to the left until you get the SMT, release your SMT before you hit the bridge. Then Fire hop like (right-left-right-right-left) on the left side of the bridge to collect 2 Coins."

You release the MT right before you hit the flower, not when you hit the flower. Also, the bridge hop pattern is r l r r l r, you shouldn't forget the hop being the drift. ;) If your release is good you can get some air on your first hop, which saves time here.

"After the hops, continue with a softdrift to the right so you get the MT quick enough for taking the Shroom cut decent.
    After the Shroom got used, you Fire Hop (right-right-left-right-left) or (right-left-right-left-right).
    Depends how you take the Shroom Cut, also (right-right-left-right-left) is easier in my opinion so you can take the following two coins easier.
    If you hit the 1st Boost-Panel, then wait until you get to the 2nd Boost-Panel without a Trick and charge an MT in the air while you get two coins and release it after the 3rd Boost-Panel.
    After you released the MT in the air, you have to drift to the right instantly with an simple MT, continue with 1 Slide/Hop to the left and drift the whole way to collect 2 more coins, until you release another SMT."

I recommend not to do r r l r l hops after the cut, because r l r l r is much faster. You should release your SMT right next to the DK barrel.

"After you released your SMT, slide like (right-left) and Drift to the right, right after the last Slide, so you can easily use your MT after you passed the big banana in the middle."

The MT strat is useless pretty much. It's not faster than the trick strat (for non-advantage) even if done perfect, so just stick to the trick strat. Both are equal, but the trick strat is much easier and comfortable to do.

"You simply slide like (right-right-left) and Trick which works well aswell."

This is also wrong, you only do two left slides and a *hop* onto the ramp, otherwise it loses time. It doesn't matter if it's a neutral or a left hop.

"Continue with simple demon slides after the released MT until you get to the Glider.
    If you released the last SMT of the Lap, then fire hop like (right-left) and charge an MT on the ramp instead of tricking there."

Once you land from tricking you should do a right *hop* followed by slides, not only slides. I also would add the hop being the drift for the last SMT, so the actual hop pattern is r l r. Otherwise there will be some confusion (The slide pattern from the last MT is l r l r, btw).​

Lap 2:

If you get into Lap2, you start with 2 Slides (left-left) and a drift to the left instead of an SMT like in Lap1 because of the Coin.

"The way until the bridge is the same like in Lap2.
    So, when you are charging your SMT until the bridge you use a different Fire Hop pattern than in Lap2 since you need the 2 coins on the right side of the bridge.
    The Fire Hop pattern would be (right-left-right-left-right) if you release your SMT early enough.
    After that, you should be at 10 Coins."

I believe you made a simple typing mistake by saying "the way until the bridge is the same in like lap 2" and you actually mean lap 1. You forgot to list a hop here too, so the actual bridge hop pattern is r l r l r r (I mean, yeah it's just the drift, but the added drift hop itself gives you a boost, so I would just list it everytime.)

And I would also mention that the stone column right after the lap 2 glider will slow you down with its wind if you don't move slightly to the right (It shouldn't affect you anymore on a mid 1:58 pace, not sure for the lower paces, but just try to avoid it if you're within 3-4 seconds of WR).

Well, that's it pretty much.:p

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Julot, Tzuzu and Darren like this.
  14. robel

robel

Team:
    sv¢
    Updated few things;

-- 3/3 smt
    -- about me
    -- laps 2 and 3 difference
    -- glider tip