1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

3rd Annual Satoru Iwata 2v2 FFA (Hosted by MKBoards.com)

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Typhoon, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon 우주의 섭리 Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Moonblast

Created and Hosted by: MKBoards
    Tournament Type: 2v2v2v2
    Starting Date/Time: Saturday, 26th August @ 11am EDT (4pm BST)
    Registration Deadline: Saturday, 26th August @ 10am EDT (3pm BST)
    Click here for help converting to your timezone: http://time.is/EDT / http://time.is/BST
    Limit: 100 Teams
    Description: This is a 2v2v2v2 Tournament. Players will form groups of 2 and play in rooms with 3 other teams, where the top 2 teams will advance each round.

Prizes:
    1st
    - Gold Site Medal
    2nd - Silver Site Medal
    3rd - Bronze Site Medal

Rules

I. Registration
    a.
    Teams must register themselves through this thread. Players do not have to register individually.
    b. You must have an account on MKBoards.com to register.
    b.i. If a player is found to be alternate accounting, they will be punished by site staff depending on severity and immediately disqualified from the tournament.​
    c. Discord ID is only required if you have a community to use for the FFA.
    d. Site-banned players are prohibited from registering.
    d.i. Should a site-banned player create an alternate 3DS FC, and have a non-site banned player register and claim the 3DS FC as their own, the non-site banned player will be event banned for the next 6 months.​
    e. You may not create a new 3DS FC after the tournament starts.
    f. You may not ask someone to sub you.
    f.i. The only exception to this is if you advanced from a round, but cannot play any longer. You may ask the next player in your room to sub you.​
    g. If you wish to cancel your registration, please post on this thread or message an MKBoards Staff member.

II. General
    a.
    When you sign up to the FFA, you agree to the rules of the FFA and to the final decisions of the FFA organizers.
    b. Free choice of tracks, vehicles, characters, and controllers.
    c. All races will consist of normal items and 150cc.
    d. Each round prior to finals consists of 8 races.
    e. Finals will be 12 races.
    f. Glitching (e.g. rDC glitch, NBC glitch) is not permitted and will result in full disqualification from the tournament.
    g. Repeats are -10 points and reset each round.
    h. Players found with game-breaking lag will be disqualified, and Seven League Staff will be alerted. (Example: constant warping, causing roulette to have massive lag, etc)
    i. You cannot voice communicate with other teams in your room.
    h.i. If a player is found to be voice communicating with other teams, they will be disqualified and banned for the next 2 events.​
    j. Teaming is banned.
    j.i. If a player is found to be teaming, they will be disqualified and banned for the next 2 events.​
    k. Players must not use any form of hacking or other exploitations.
    k.i. Should a player hack, everyone is to immediately leave the room, Create a new community, and give the community to the rest of the players. The race will not count and the player will be disqualified. Seven League and Site Staff will be notified.​
    l. Should a player troll, everyone is to immediately leave the room, Create a new community, and give the community to the rest of the players. The race will not count and the player will be disqualified. The player will be banned for the next 6 events.
    m. The MKBoards Staff have the right to take action on any other instances that they believe prevent the tournament from running smoothly.
    n. Rules are subject to change until the start time.

III. Scoring
    a.
    Your total score will be the total points you scored in 8 races.
    b. Prior to the finals, players who disconnect will receive +3 per race missed.

IV. Groups
    a.
    Groups prior to the finals are selected based on RNG. If the tournament organisers feel that three or more players shouldn't be in the same room together, they will be moved to another room to avoid teaming.
    b. Teams must add the community and join when told to.
    c. Failure to join within the allotted time will result in an automatic disqualification.
    d. 2 teams of each room will be advanced, no matter how many people are playing.

V. Communities
    a.
    In each round, players have 10 minutes to join the room after the start time. (For example, 2:10 EDT if the start time is 2:00)
    b. If a community is found to be breaking hosting rules, the community owner will be permanently banned from using their communites in any event by staff discretion.

VI. Results
    a.
    Upon registration, you must state if you are able to take pictures of the end results.
    b. Players who stated they are available to take pictures upon registration are responsible for posting the final results of the room.
    b.i. In the rare event that above players do not capture and post results, they will banned for the next event. We will randomly select 3 teams to advance to the next round.​
    c. Top 3 teams will advance to the next round, while bottom 3 teams will be eliminated.
    d. Once a player is eliminated, the player cannot take part in the tournament again.
    e. When posting results make sure to clearly mark what room you were in, show who is proceeding to the next round, and next to their name make sure to post their 3DS FC.
    f. Once a room finishes, we will wait for all the other rooms to finish before posting new groups.

VII. Tags
    a.
    Teams of 2 must create unique tags to make your team distinct in these rounds.
    b. You can not use the same tag as another team, and your tag must be the the same set of symbols/numbers/letters placed somewhere in your Mii name.
    c. You can not use a tag that is related to the word, example, Player 1 - Cheeseburger, Player 2 - Fries

Sign-up Format:
    Tag - Mii Name (3DS FC) (Discord Name#ID for community owners) (Twitch channel link for streamers)
    Tag - Mii Name (3DS FC) (Twitch channel link for streamers)
    Are you able to take pictures?: Yes/No

Example:
    MKB Typhoon (0000-0000-0098) (Typhoon#2912) (Community: 00-0000-0000-8888) (http://twitch.tv/typh_oon) Pictures?: Yes
    MKB Stunky (1337-1337-1337)

All the best,
    - MKBoards Staff

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    BoomerZBear likes this.
  2. Typhoon

• Global Moderator
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Moonblast
    Registered Teams: 0
    Valid Teams: 0
    Unable to play: 0
    Communities: 0
    Hosts Needed (in total): n/a

Bold = Community owner
    Blue = Conditionals List
    Red = Ban List
    Strikethrough = Unable

Media:

3. Catfish

Catfish

• Founding Member
    hardly anyone will play with all of these limitations, i can think of quite a few people from the lounge who would be able to play if not for them. it's already hard enough to get sign-ups for a 2v2 competition, why make it harder?

also apparently glitching is allowed? o_O

TK64, Jackson V, _Я_ and 2 others like this.
  4. TK64

TK64

• Founding Member
    Team:
    ωZ
    being registered in 7L should not be required

BoomerZBear likes this.
  5. Typhoon

• Global Moderator
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Moonblast
    I removed the sign up rule. Please register if you are able!

ControlPro and BoomerZBear like this.