1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

About the seedings and what can be changed

Discussion in 'WL Discussion' started by xBlaze, Sep 11, 2017.

1. xBlaze

xBlaze

Before I start my argument just want to make sure that everyone knows I don't have anything against the staff members or any other teams that I'll mention trough the thread and I do not mean to cause any unnecessary drama. I'm just expressing my opinion and throw a few facts.

Welcome to the typical "my team didn't got seeded and should get for this and that" thread. I'm here to discuss about the seedings. And about Devil's Angels 2.
    Recently after F8°Nemesis transfer to DA2 there has been a lot of balk about it and about our 2nd team. We knew it would be good bye to division 6 but we didn't care that much. Until the preliminary seedings. As you may or may not know DA2 did not got seeded, we have been asking around for an explanation of such thing and all we got was "Because nemesis is 2 broken to play d6".
    I put a lot of effort do make a reliable and competitive team to play and win whatever division we get put on and now we're not getting seeded because of one player stacking the entire team? Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the factor of the seedings be reliability? When we have over 15 players register for us and that we could easily get many more? And meanwhile teams like infinite only has 5 players that never had WL experience or competitive mkwii experience and get seeded? And for those that go for " Nemesis is 2 good for d6/5" one player isn't the entire team, + there has been many other cases of overpowered people playing in lower divisions like Kenny in d6. Gumi in d7 Rambo in d6. Or teams that were extremely op in the division they played. Like EXO in d7. VA in d4. I can go farther back and give more examples if necessary. Even if we are to overpowered for d6 moves us one or 2 divisions up, instead of not seed an entire team because of 2 weak, biased and a bit stupid arguments.
    We would appreciate if staff could rethink about the situation and seed us. Or give us a good solid argument about us not getting seeded other then "Nemesis" or "2 good for d6" or "your team is unreliable even though you have 16+ players"

Also a small suggestion for the ct seedings. Instead of having a division with 8 players we could have d3 with 6 players and d4 with 4. Or something similar

Kyon_, Jadid, monyz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jadid

Jadid

Team:
    EC2, G4L, Dλ, κn, Sȼ, HK
    Ney in D5 (ok)
    Foster in D6 (ok)
    Jadid in D6 (not allowed)
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

3. Rob

Rob WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Who told you it was because Nemesis is broken in D6? That argument makes no sense. If we thought that we'd just move you to D4/D5 if necessary.

4. Rob

Rob WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Anyway, the problem is 37 teams being registered. Someone isn't going to be happy unless we include all teams, how to make that happen? Only idea would be a 6th division with 7 teams. If we don't do that we'd be waiting on another team to drop from the league to sub DA2 in.

SkinsNation and Jazz like this.
  5. Insanity

Insanity

• Founding Member
    The problem that he has is that neither of his teams got seeded

λsuna likes this.