1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Changing How The League is Run

Discussion in 'Help, Information, & News' started by ace, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace

ace 弾丸クラブ Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    LIJ
    As you can already tell from the title CSL is changing in a rather major way in terms of how it's run, the league will still carry on with the teams participating but there will no longer be a 'League Admin' so to speak

Before I get started, if you haven't read my thread from last night I recommend you do so as I'd say it was the main reason that CSL is undergoing this change as I've spoke to KD and the rest of the staff after posting this and we've decided that this new method would make KD's job a lot easier as well as still having a role in the league that he created.

http://mkboards.com/forums/threads/opinions-on-csl-and-why-i-dropped.25250/ (Thread from yesterday)

Anyway, to sum up everything that happened last night I wasn't happy with the way that CSL was being run, KD is very passionate about this league and obviously wants it to succeed and wants the best for it but at times people did not agree with the way he ran the league, obviously being a League Admin meant his opinions were very influential as he was the top dog along with myself. Because KD and I worked in very different ways it was pretty hard to agree on certain things to move the league forwards so our new structure (Credits to Stunky for initially bringing it up) will hopefully be a turning point in CSL towards the right direction. The community seemed to agree with the points I made on my thread and also believed that KD should still be a position as he does care a lot about the league and can bring up very good ideas for us all, this new layout of having the power spread out within the staff team makes it so people have more of a say and we can actually work TOGETHER in making this league work.

In terms of the staff roles, things are pretty much the same outside of the management roles, we will still have our Division Admins dealing with their respective divisions and we will also still have our other roles such as RT Council, CT Council and Registration Admins. The main change is that we are scrapping the idea of having a 'League Admin' and are changing it to have 'Managers'.

There are five different managers and one will cover their own independent section, these managers are in charge of their own respective team and will have their own separate responsibilities, they will all be overseers in all of the Discord chat as well.

RT Council Manager = @Veil.
    CT Council Manager = @~KayDee~ ✿⌒‿⁓
    Reg. Admin Manager = @Stunky
    Div. Admin Manager = @Vincent B
    Community Manager = @Ace

To quickly go over the responsibilities of these five people;

Veil will be dealing with checking all of the matches which are posted to see if their are any penalty discussions or things which the council will need to talk about, he will then post it in the council chat and make council voting threads and will post the final verdicts if the council decide to overturn the DA's decision.

KD will be doing the same as Veil but for the CT Division, this will also deal with things such as bringing up any possible track bans if the community request for it is high enough.

Stunky will be dealing with helping out the Reg. Admins in understanding their new roles as well as making tutorials on how the registration section works and gathering ideas from the public on how to make it more convenient and user-friendly

Vincent's responsibilities will be distributing the excel tables to the Division Admins, helping them with any excel problems that they may have and helping them with their standings and schedule posts in their respective divisions.

Lastly, I will be working in-between the community and the CSL staff to make sure that your opinions get heard, as long as people give reasonable ideas which they think CSL would better from, I will post them in the staff chats, get people talking about them and come to a final decision on whether or not it'll be good for the community. Obviously from my thread last night you can see that I am somebody who likes to listen to the community as you guys are playing in our league and we would like to make it as enjoyable as possible.

To sum it all up, this new format is to take all of the responsibilities that a League Admin had and split it up between different people so there's less stress for the league admin. When it comes to dealing with things such as voting for new staff and firing staff if it comes to it, that will still be discussed by the council/manager teams.

We will be having a meeting later on tonight which may be streamed on http://www.twitch.tv/mkboards later on tonight which will be announced when we figure out a time. If you have anything to say about this new structure and ways that you think it could improve then feel free to comment below or come to the stream later as we're going to start being a lot more involved with the community.

That's all for now, thanks.

2. Stunky

Stunky Tom | Stunky Staff Member WL Staff

• Administrator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    νι | Valiant
    Wiimmfi FC:
    2237-2605-0050
    So long as the original planned time for the meeting goes ahead, we could be looking for the stream to start around 2pm EDT (7pm UK Time). Just thought I'd post that here :p

3. Simon.

Simon.

Hey, sorry to sound ignorant but I honestly don't see what's actually changed. All these things that you're mentioning were already being done before last night, but just by slightly different people. If all that's actually changed is the status of a few individuals then I don't think you guys took the threads from last night, and the points and issues that were raised, into very serious consideration.

Storm and Vien like this.
  4. ace

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    LIJ
    The main two things which were wrong in my opinion which others have also shared an opinion with is that there was too many responsibilites / too much power put on one person and the fact that we didn't take in the communities opinions when it came to certain things, spreading the workload makes it so these things won't happen and also getting community feedback more often is the best way to move forward as a community.

I don't know what threads you're referring to since all of the things yesterday were mainly about the penalty things to do with different matches, if you tell me what problems you wanted to be 'changed' then I'll do my best to reply

5. Simon.

Simon.

Allowing Division 1 players to fill out an entire D3 team is one, not informing team representatives when one of their members is banned is a second, removing the person who's made the most positive contribution to CTs this season from CT council was a third. That's just me, I'm sure others will mention some on the stream tonight.

Either way, if sharing out the workload evenly sets you guys up to handle problems more capably then I'm all for it, I'm just not sold on the idea that that will be the case yet.

6. Ryan.

Ryan.

• Founding Member
    Its not their job to tell you 4vex was banned, its his and he should have known he couldnt play

7. Simon.

Simon.

So if a professional soccer league were to ban a player in their league, you think they wouldn't inform the team manager? Of course they would, what a ridiculous thing to say.

8. Stunky

Stunky Tom | Stunky Staff Member WL Staff

• Administrator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    νι | Valiant
    Wiimmfi FC:
    2237-2605-0050
    Can I politely ask this thread doesn't turn into another shit-post/argument?

This is a very serious matter, a turning point for the league, doing something leagues have never really done before leadership-wise, and it's an ideal time in the stream for issues to be brought up, since now we as staff are much better equipped, much easier to manage, the communication between sections should be easier, the span of control of leaders is smaller, and in general we should be able to focus our efforts in to some of the sections where there are issues.

Futile and ace like this.
  9. ace

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    LIJ
    1 - Changing the structure of CSL has nothing to do with how LL/U stacked D3, that's something which has happened already that we're going to have to deal with and find an alternate method to try and keep these non D3 lineups from happening

2 - This happened before the season, we're not expected to go around and tell every team who's banned or not, if you were referring to the registry, the whole reason we've brought Stunky in as the registration manager is because he's the most active and familiar, he'll be talking to MKB staff to get a list of MKB bans so we can update the registry to avoid something from happening again

3 - They didn't remove you because you wasn't doing anything for the CT Division as we both know you're the one who wanted the CT 2nd division to become a thing the most, they removed you because they thought the way you handled situations wasn't appropriate for somebody on a staff team.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Simon. likes this.
  10. Simon.

Simon.

And bingo, now we're starting to see changes.

11. Vien

Vien

Please Simon&Ryan, not again.

CSL made some changes, let's see how it works out without judging them right away. Things happened, let's see if they learned from it.

The changes look really good to me, but I think a lot will depend on how much the community manager will get listened to by the other staff members. As long as his proposals will be considered, I think there will be a bright future ahead.

Simon. likes this.
  12. ace

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    LIJ
    Judging by the amount of support my thread yesterday got and the messages I received afterwards, I'll be very surprised if they don't listen to the things I post in there (community ideas etc)

Simon. and Vien like this.
  13. Futile

Futile

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Quinτessence
    These are some of the things we plan to change right away, Tom plans to make a new registry that is more complete and user friendly that also shows mkboards banned players as well as players banned for cheating. As for the stacking teams there isn't much we can do at the moment unless we decide to restrict teams, but next season that will be another focus and more of a caution for us.

Regarding your earlier post, we have listened to what the community has to say, and many people have voiced that they no longer wanted KD as a league admin. Rether than elect a new one, we restructured staff to have a team of "managers" that will work together to make sure the league is organized and run smoothly, rather than one person controlling staff.

One of the main things the community staff is in charge of is relaying important information to the community (since we weren't the best at doing this before) and taking suggestions and feedback more often.

I hope this helps your doubts a bit!

We'd rather avoid the drama. Everyone is burned out from yesterday, which is part of the reason we are working towards a smoother run staff.

Simon. and ace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.