1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

CT WL Ruleset (Updated November 2nd, 2017)

Discussion in 'WL ~ Wiimmfi League' started by Fruitz, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fruitz

Fruitz never lucky.

• MKBoards Supporter

Index

I. General
    II. Strike System
    III. Conduct

IV. Registration
    V. Mii Names
    VI. CTGP Revolution Channel Settings
    VII. Hosting

VIII. Match Structure
    IX. Suicide Bagging & Trolling
    X. Disconnections & Player Compensation
    XI. Lagging

XII. Appeals

XIIII. Results
    XIV. Tiebreakers
    XV. Incomplete Matches
    XVI. Rescheduling & Replays
    XVII. Forfeits
    XVIII. Disqualifications / Withdrawals
    XIX. Playoffs

I. General Rules

a. Participants of the Wiimmfi League are prohibited from "bending" or "manipulating" rules or loopholes in the rules in order to create a benefit to any participating team in the league. Players who are found to be performing such acts will be subject to punishment based upon the severity of the incident caused by such ruleset manipulation. All players in the Wiimmfi League are expected to use common sense in all actions that they take, and to not act foolish for the sake of trying to cause harm. The league, whereas being competitive, is also meant to be simple and easy to understand, so if you do have any questions as to what the rules do and do not allow, please ask a member of staff before reporting anything invalid or manipulating rules, or else again you risk being punished.
    b. If staff error leads to a potential punishment, the punishment is to not go through and the error will be rectified for the following week.
    c. All rules and penalties are to be enforced by the staff. However, in some scenarios these rules and penalties may be overruled by a 2/3 majority vote within the current WL council.
    d. MKB account bans are to be treated the same as WL bans unless the sole reason for the account ban was a COPPA violation.
    e. All compensation and penalty values in the Match Rules are based on the 5vs5 point distribution. To get the compensation and penalties for other match sizes, go here: http://tinyurl.com/wlmultiplier.
    f. Rule changes made mid-season will apply for all matches played after the change has been made with the exception of reschedules (at the staff's discretion). An announcement thread or post will be made for any and all rule changes.
    g. All teams will have 2 player representatives (a third representative will be allowed on an emergency basis). These player representatives will be the only ones organizing their team’s matches throughout the league, no one else.

g.i. All team representatives must cooperate with the requests of their division administrators. Failure to cooperate will result in removal as a team representative and the team in question havin to find a replacement.
    h. All player representatives for each team will be added to a Discord channel made by the league admin(s) for their division. The league admin(s) and the division admin will oversee the channel. All match organization is to be taken place in the channel.
    *h.i. Any team that does not organize a match in their respective Discord channel runs the risk of receiving a strike and the staff ruling any proof of rule(s) being broken as invalid.
    i. Any sort of evidence that may result in a score change must be posted on the thread and/or brought to a staff member's attention within 48 hours after the match's result thread is posted. If this requirement is not met, the evidence will not be acknowledged by council (this does not apply for cheating cases, improper conditionals, and/or improper registrations).
    j. All times listed in the rules are according to the Eastern Timezone (ET). Daylight Savings is taken into account as well.

II. Strike System

a. Strikes will be issued for minor rule violations instead of miniscule and/or questionable penalties.
    ….. 1 strike: The player(s) will receive a warning
    ….. 2 strikes: The player(s) will receive a match ban. Each strike following this one will result in an additional match ban.
    b. Staff discretion will be used to determine if a strike will be given and how many strikes will be given for repeat offenses.
    c. If a player is clean of strikes 4 matches in a row after previously havin a strike count, their strike count will be reset. A strike after this will resume the strike count as if the player had 2 strikes.
    d. Any section or individual rule with an asterisk (*) next to it will follow the strike system procedure.

List of Rules Underneath the Strike System:

I. h.i.
    All of V.
    VII. b.
    VII. c.
    VII. d.
    VII d.i.
    VII. e.
    VII. f.
    VII. g.
    VIII. g.
    VIII. h.
    XIII. a.
    XIII. b.
    XIII. c.
    XIII. d.

III. Conduct

a. All players participating in WL must conduct themselves in a respectful manner to all participants and staff. They are also required to follow the general site guidelines, along with any other guidelines and requests set out by the WL Staff.
    b. Should a player fail to conduct themselves properly, it will result in:
    ….. 1st Offense: Warning (if the staff deems it appropriate)
    ….. 2nd Offense: One match ban from WL
    ….. 3rd Offense: Three match bans from WL
    ….. 4th Offense: Ten match bans from WL
    ….. 5th Offense: Permanent ban from the Wiimmfi League
    c. Players can be punished for misconduct in any medium. This includes, but is not limited to: MKBoards posts, YouTube comments/videos, verbal/text Twitch statements, Twitter messages/tweets, Skype statuses, verbal/text Skype or Discord statements.
    d. Match bans roll over between seasons. For example, if a player receives a three match ban before the final match of a season, that player is banned for that final match and the first two matches of the next season, for a total of three matches.
    e. Match bans stack. For example, if a player receives a three match ban and then a ten match ban before the three match ban is over, the player will be banned for the original three matches, and then an additional ten after the three have passed, for a total of 13 matches.
    f. Incidents of misconduct may receive a different punishment from the system in rule III. b. depending on the severity of said incident. For example, a minor incident may only result in 1 match ban, but a more severe incident may immediately result in 3 match bans.
    g. Players can be punished for misconduct at any time, including between seasons.
    h. The WL staff is not obligated to give players warnings when they are on the verge of receiving a punishment.
    i. Should a player feel that a player has shown misconduct, he/she should notify a WL staff member. When doing so, he/she should provide any and all evidence pertaining to the incident.

IV. Registration

a. Players must register with their own IP address and friend code(s), not those of any other participant. This means that players must register themselves, as opposed to having team representatives post their player registration for them.
    a.i. Exceptions can be made for players living in the same household, however they must be approved by the council in advance.
    a.ii. Guests are allowed to play during a match, so long as the opposing team is able to confirm that the guest in question is a player registered on MKBoards, and signed up for the correct team.
    a.iii. The council and/or registration admins have the right to decline registrations on the grounds of alt suspicion, and can also delay the processing of a registration if required.
    b. Players may only register for one team per track type, and a thread for the team must exist as a Team Registration within the Wiimmfi League.
    c. Players may register up to two consoles (or two save files).

c.i. If a player is registering more than one console/save, there must be proof that both are linked to that person.
    d. Players are only allowed to play for the team that they have signed up for.
    e. Players may update their Friend Codes at any time prior to the match.

e.i. If there is sufficient proof that an update has not been performed in time, the player will be considered ineligible to play and may be punished according to IV. g.
    f. The Wiimmfi League has a mid-season registration and transfer period that takes place between 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Sunday in Week 5, and 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Friday prior to Week 6.
    f.i. Within this window, players may submit one transfer/registration, of which the council have the right to decline.
    f.ii. Transfers within the transfer window cannot be to a team that the player was in during the Preliminary Seedings stage.
    f.iii. Players who perform a transfer and/or registration may not play in matches where the default time is prior to their transfer. This means that, by transferring within the mid-season window, players would not be able to play matches for weeks 1-5.
    f.iv. Players may only play one match per WL week, so if for whatever reason a match is played during the window in advance, the player is not allowed to play for their new team up to that week.
    f.v. Sufficient permission must be provided within any transfer or registration. This includes:
    f.v.i. Valid printscreens of the leader/representative of a team permitting it.
    f.v.ii. A post within the thread by a leader/representative confirming the registration and/or transfer.
    f.v.iii. In the instance of a move between branches of a team (e.g. KG1 to KG2, or Bc RTs to Bc CTs where the person was not prior registered for a team on CTs), the leader may request the transfer themselves.
    f.vi. The council reserve the right to punish players and/or prevent them from being considered suitable to permit transfers for themselves or other players, if they believe that any insufficient permission, or deliberately faked permission, has been given.
    f.vii. The council reserve the right to decline any transfers or registrations. Reasons for this may be (but are not limited to) suspected alts (in which checks must be made) or potential unfair moves (e.g. stacking).
    g. If a player is caught playing for a team with an unregistered FC and/or invalid registration, that player will lose all of their points or receive a penalty of 150 points (whichever is greater).
    h. Teams must have at least 8 correctly registered players by the registration deadline in order to be seeded.

h.i. Teams who have not signed up by the registration deadline or who have not fulfilled rule III. i. are not allowed to play in WL.

*V. Mii Names

a. Team tags must be visibly separated from Mii names.

Examples for Clarification:

RE Player
    RE*Player
    [RE]Player
    -RE Plyr-
    -[RE]Plyr-
    Player RE
    Player*RE
    Player@RE
    -Plyr RE-
    -Plyr*RE-
    -Plyr@RE-

Si RE n
    -Si RE n-
    -RE-
    RE

a.i. None of the symbols shown in this picture are allowed to be used anywhere in a player's Mii name: http://i.imgur.com/gloUccJ.png.
    a.ii. If a team's tag has a separator as the team tag itself, that is allowed to be used as the separator (ex: for the tag "#", the full Mii name with tag could be "#MONEY").
    b. Players must use the correct team tag in their Mii name of the team they are registered with. However, normal characters may be used in substitution for region specific characters if necessary (ex: both υτ and ut would be fine).
    b.i. Team tags must use similar casing to the team's original tag (ex: υτ cannot have Uτ, υT, or UT, FU cannot have fu, fU, or Fu, Dα cannot have DA, dα, or dA).
    c. Names being used by a player may not be shared by another teammate during a match.
    d. Players may not use Mii names that include profanity or offense to the other team.
    e. Players may not use the opposing team’s tag during a match.
    f. If and only if two teams from the same team are playing each other, the team which is officially registered as Team 2 must put the character "2" after its tag (ex: If two teams from Charged Brigade played each other, Charged Brigade 1 would use the tag "¢β" and Charged Brigade 2 would use the tag "¢β2").
    g. Mii names only consisting of a team's tag do not require a separator.

VI. CTGP Revolution Channel Settings

a. Anybody who hosts a room in a Wiimmfi League match on Custom Tracks must have the following settings - Track Availability = Custom Tracks or All Tracks, Specific Engine Class = Normal, Race Count = 4, Thundercloud Autofire = Normal, Thundercloud Effect = Normal, Room Encryption = ON, Available Vehicles = All Vehicles, Host Always Wins Vote = OFF.
    b. If any of the settings rules are broken, the player's team will receive a penalty based on how severely the game modification may have affected the match.
    - Video proof is required for incorrect settings, the staff reserves the right to rule any and all proof as invalid.

b.i. If a host is caught with Thundercloud Effect set to "Mega", or Host Always Wins Vote set to "ON", their team will be forced to reset the room at the cost of one of their resets (see rule IV. c. for more information). If the host refuses to reset, their team will receive a penalty of 150 points.
    b.ii. If a host is caught with Track Availability set to "Nintendo Tracks" instead of "Custom Tracks" or "All Tracks", they must close the room at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule IV. c. for more information). If there is proof that the host refused to reset, their team will forfeit the match.
    b.iii. Unless a different setting is mutually agreed upon by both teams, a host caught with Thundercloud Autofire set to "OFF" will have their team be forced to reset the room at the cost of one of their resets (see rule IV. c. for more information). If the host refuses to reset, their team will receive a penalty of 150 points.
    b.iv. If a host is caught with Vehicle Availability set to anything but "All Vehicles", the war may proceed without any penalty unless a reset is requested. If a reset is requested, the host must close the room at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule IV. c. for more information). If the host refuses to close the room when a reset is requested, their team will receive a penalty of 150 points.
    b.v. Unless a different setting is mutually agreed upon by both teams, a host caught with Specific Engine Class set to anything but "Normal" must close the room at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information). If the host refuses to reset, their team will receive a penalty of 8 points per race (96 point cap). The same penalty would also be given if the agreed upon settings are not set.
    b.vi. If a host is caught with Race Count set to above 4, they must close the room at any point before race 5 at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule IV. c. for more information). If there is proof that the host refused to reset before race 5, their team will receive a penalty of 30 points for each additional race played (up to 240 points in total penalties if 8 additional races are played).
    b.vii. If a host is caught with Race Count set to below 4, their team will lose a reset (see rule IV. c. for more information) each time a GP ends (showing the final results screen with the Engine Class) without 4 races being completed.
    b.viii. If a host is caught with Room Encryption set to "OFF", their team must reset the room at the cost of one of their resets (see rule IV. c. for more information) and set Room Encryption to "ON". Any races played with Room Encryption set to "OFF" will not be counted. If the host refuses to reset and/or correct the setting, their team will forfeit the match.

VII. Hosting

a. The host is required to start to start a VS race at the start of each GP. If the host starts anything different, they will be forced to use a reset (see rule VIII. c. for more information). If the team refuses to reset, they will forfeit the match.
    *b. Hosts must reset the room after each race someone disconnects if requested.
    *c. Hosts must reset the room if there are less than 8 players [4vs4], 10 players [5vs5], or 12 players [6vs6] on the voting screen if requested.
    *d. Before opening the room, the hosting team must provide the opposing team with a host friend code and wait for the opposing team to give permission to open the room. If no confirmation to open the room has been given 5 minutes after the scheduled match time, the room may be opened.

*d.i. If the room is opened before the opposing team gives permission or before waiting the 5 minutes, the host must close and reopen the room if the opposing team requests it.
    *e. The host must allow a maximum of 15 minutes after the scheduled/agreed start time for players to join the room and start it after that time frame unless both teams are in agreement to start sooner or wait longer.
    *f. The host must wait a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 5 minutes before starting the room between GPs (continuing the match) unless both teams are in agreement to start sooner or wait longer.
    *g. The host is not allowed to start without all participants in the room unless the allotted time for the room to be opened is exceeded or if the opposing team gives consent for the host to start earlier without all of their participants in the room. If this rule is broken, the host must reset at the cost of one of the hosting team's allowed resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information).
    h. The host is not allowed to kick any players from the opposing team from the room at any point after the room opens without consent. To check if someone was kicked, go to http://wiimmfi.de/show-bans. If a kick was performed, take a screenshot and contact a staff member immediately.

h.i. If this rule is broken while waiting for the room to start (kicking players to get any potential advantage), the hosting team will lose a reset for each player kicked and the host of the room will receive punishments as mentioned in rule VII. h.iii.
    h.ii. If this rule is broken during a race, the hosting team will receive a penalty of 100 points for every player kicked and the room will be reset if requested (counting as a hosting team's reset if applicable [see rule VIII. c. for more information]).
    h.iii. If a player violates either rule VII. h.i. or h.ii., they will receive a season ban from hosting if the match in question was outside of the league, or a permanent ban from hosting if the match in question was a league match.
    h.iv. If a player on the opposing team is kicked from the room during a kickstart or when kicking a player not participating in the war, rule h.i. is nullified. If this happens after the room starts, however, the host must immediately reset the room at the cost of one of the hosting team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information).
    h.v. If a team uses a host-banned player as the match host, they will receive a penalty of either 30 points per race with a maximum of 150 points or the points the host-banned player had (whichever is greater).
    i. After a reset, the host will wait a maximum of 8 minutes for players to join the room. If stalling is evident after all the players are in and room stability is good enough, a strike will be given to the entire roster of the team. If a second offence occurs, in the same match or a different one, then a host ban will ensue for the entire roster and any remaining home matches will be hosted by the opposing team(s). The host-banned team will still be allowed to determine ruleset and engine class.
    VIII. Match Structure

a. The default match size is 5-versus-5. However, if both teams agree to a different match size, that is allowed (with the exception of rules a.i., a.ii., and a.iii.).

a.i. If both teams agree to different match size, this will override the default size for that match.
    a.ii. The only match sizes that are not allowed under any conditions are 3vs3s and below.
    a.iii. If a team has less than their needed players and are unable to agree to a different match size with the other team, they have a choice of going handicapped (if the team has less than 4 players for 5vs5, less than 3 for 4vs4, or less than 4 for 6vs6, this is not an option.), forfeiting the match, or rescheduling on the opponent's consent.
    b. Match duration is to last for 3 Grand Prix's (12 races total).
    c. Both teams are entitled to 2 resets per match (for disconnections and substitutes only). Each additional reset will incur a 20 point penalty.

c.i. If one or more players from both teams disconnect during a race and requires the room to be reset, that will not count toward a team's 2 resets.
    c.ii. Should the away team want to use a reset, they must directly tell the hosting team to reset the room between the results of a race and the selection of the next track.
    c.iii. If there is sufficient evidence that the hosting team did not reset the room when the away team wanted to use one of their resets, they will receive a 20 point penalty for each race that is played (240 points total for the entire match).
    d. Players can freely choose to use any character, vehicle, drift type, and/or controller, unless rule d.i. applies.
    d.i. If player(s) of a team select the Magikruiser or Dolphin Dasher for the second to last or last race of a match (after the 10th or 11th race has been played), a 20 point penalty will be applied for every player using the Magikruiser or Dolphin Dasher (assuming sufficient evidence is provided). The only exception to this rule is if the player was in the Magikruiser or Dolphin Dasher during the races beforehand in the GP.
    e. Players may not use the following glitches/shortcuts:
    - BassBasher City
    -
    Bayside Boulevard
    - Blue Loop
    - Castle of Darkness (Bagging)
    - Crossingville
    - Disco Fever
    - Haunted Woods
    - Kinoko Cave
    - Seaside Resort
    - SNES Donut Plains 3
    -
    Subspace Factory
    - Volcano Beach 2
    e.i. Any usage of these glitches/shortcuts on the tracks above will result in a penalty of 100 points towards the player's team and his/her individual score (for every person performing a glitch) per race.
    e.ii. All Players’ points will be corrected to their true values assuming sufficient evidence of those true values is presented.
    f. Any team that is responsible for picking a track that has already been played will receive a 20 point penalty.
    f.i. If a player provides video evidence that the CTGP randomizer was responsible for selecting a track that has already been played (without havin a cup pre-selected), then no penalty will be given for the repick.
    *g. Regular tracks are not allowed to be selected. If a regular track is selected, the race will not count at the cost of a reset to the team that picked a regular track (see rule VII. c. for more information).
    *h. Certain custom tracks have been banned from league matches for the following reasons. If they are selected, the race will not count at the cost of a reset to the team that picked the banned track (see rule VII. c. for more information). The banned tracks are as follows:
    - Comet Starway
    - Disco Fever
    - Dryland Hills
    - GBA Rainbow Road
    - GCN Rainbow Road
    - Helado Mountain
    - Sea Stadium

- SNES Rainbow Road
    - Star Slope
    - Undiscovered Offlimit (6vs6 matches only)
    - Yellow Loop
    i. All players must have at least 5000 VR on the license they chose to use for a match. If the first race of the in-game GP is completed with a player's VR not meeting this requirement, their team will receive a penalty of 30 points (90 point cap).

IX. Suicide Bagging & Trolling

a. "Suicide Bagging" rules are in effect by default. However, the home team has the choice of changing it to "Trolling" rules if the opponent is notified of it before the room is opened for the first time.
    b. Passing the line and then reversing is not considered being on the same lap as when you passed. For example, if you pass the line to get on lap 2 and then go behind the line, you are on lap 1.
    c. Suicide Bagging (a.k.a. NO Trolling)

c.i. A player is not allowed to interfere with an opponent while being half a lap or greater behind the current 1st place position. This includes, but is not limited to, hitting them with an item (excluded items: Blooper, Lightning, and POW), taking their item box, and bumping them in some form (e.g. wheelie-bumps, bumping into an in-game object). A player is not allowed to intentionally get him/herself trolled.
    c.ii. If the "suicide bagging" rules are in effect and are broken, a penalty of 5, 10, 20 or 30 points will be given depending on the severity of each incident (assuming sufficient evidence is presented).
    c.iii. "Suicide Bagging" rules will not apply on the tracks GCN Baby Park, GCN Luigi Circuit, and Red Loop.
    d. Trolling
    e.i. "Suicide Bagging" rules are not in effect.

X. Disconnections & Player Compensation

a. If a player does not participate in a race (not shown on the results screen), they will be given 3 points.
    b. If a player disconnects during the 1st or 2nd race of a GP (and/or misses at least 2 races from said GP), one of the following will happen:

b.i. They will be compensated with 15 points for the GP. Rule X. a. would not apply.
    b.ii. They will receive their points for the races played with rule X. a. included for the missing races. This rule is used if the player’s GP score was to be greater than 15 points (assuming proof of this is provided, otherwise b.i. will still apply).
    c. If 3 or more players disconnect during a race, and at least 1 is from each team, the race does not count.
    d. If all participating players appear on the results screen, the race counts. The only exception to this is rule X. c.
    e. Should a player disconnect from the room after completely crossing the finish line and is shown last on the race results, the race result will be corrected to accommodate the player’s original finishing position (if sufficient proof is presented).
    f. If a player disconnects during any races where the baggers are at least one lap behind by the end (as must be proven), they will be given the equivalent spot of the lowest runner.

XI. Lagging

a. Players' points may not be counted if they were lagging to an extent where it was at a significant disadvantage to the opponent(s) and/or at a significant advantage to the player (2 or more POVs, at the staff’s discretion).
    b. Players' points may be corrected to their true values if enough proof of these true values is presented (2 or more POVs).
    c. Players guilty of intentional frame lag will receive a 20 point penalty (assuming solid proof of this is presented).

XII. Appeals

a. Players on the host ban list may appeal their placement on the list once every 6 months.
    b. The privilege to appeal may be revoked from certain players at the CT council's discretion.

XIII. Results

*a. The hosting team must post the match result no later than 24 hours after the match completion (unless the away team already has).
    *b. If neither team can provide proof of the match result, then proof of any completed races may be counted as the final result.
    *c. If neither team can provide proof of the match result or completed races, then that match may be scored as a draw or be rescheduled.
    *d. Both teams who played in the match are equally responsible for including a screenshot from http://wiimmfi.de/mkw of all participants, their friend codes, and the room's group ID (example: http://i.imgur.com/77KNcNl.png--the group ID would be XB99). Any edits discovered on the screenshot will result in the team(s)/player(s) involved facing severe consequences at the staff's discretion.
    e. If scores are incorrect due to the Ignorance is Bliss Anti-Cheat System (regardless of the setting), the in-game result will be used unless a picture of every race from that GP can be presented.
    f. The team with more points on the leaderboard is the higher placing team.

f.i. If a team wins a match, they will receive 3 points.
    f.ii. If two teams draw a match, they will each receive 2 points (with the exception of both teams forfeiting, where neither team will receive any points).
    f.iii. If a team loses a match by more than 20 points, they will receive 0 points.
    f.iv. If a team loses a match by 20 points or less, they will receive 1 point.

XIV. Tiebreakers

Should two or more teams tie regarding their final standing, there will be a set of checks to determine the ultimate final standings of said teams.

#1: The higher overall Win-Tie-Loss record.
    #2: The higher overall difference between those individual matches (ex: Match 1 - A 388-344 B, Match 2 - A 315-417 B; Total - A 703-761 B. B wins).
    #3: The higher overall difference (+/-) in total.

XV. Incomplete Matches

a. Should the staff agree that a team had an acceptable reason for not completing a match, any remaining GP(s)/race(s) are to be played at a mutually agreed date/time. Should both teams fail to reach an agreement, they are to play at a date/time set by the staff.
    b. Should the staff believe that a team was unwilling to complete a match without good reason, scores for any completed GP(s)/race(s) that are presented may be counted as the final match result, or the team that was unwilling to complete the match may lose that match by forfeit.

XVI. Rescheduling & Replays

a. Matches are to take place at the scheduled date/time unless both teams are in agreement to play at a different date/time that precedes both of their next match's originally scheduled date/time.

a.i. The scheduled date/time may be changed if it interferes with a scheduled MKU match, or if timezone issues regarding a team justifies it. If all teams in the division are not in agreement with the changed date/time however, the team requesting the change will not have their request fulfilled.
    b. If both teams agree to reschedule a match, the new match date/time will override the original date/time for that match.
    c. Should a scheduled match coincide with a country's national or religious holiday, both teams are to play at a mutually agreed date/time. Should both teams fail to reach an agreement, they are to play at a date/time set by staff.
    d. Should both teams fail to honor the agreed and/or set date/time for reschedules, replays or the completion of any remaining GP(s)/race(s), any scores presented may be counted as the final match result. If no GP(s)/race(s) are presented, the match will be scored 100-100 and both teams will receive 0 points for the match on their division’s leaderboard.
    e. Teams must post their rescheduled match results and/or remaining GP/race results no later than 24 hours after the match completion.

XVII. Forfeits

a. If a team forfeits a match, the match is to be scored 100-0 in disfavor of the team that forfeited.
    b. If two teams forfeit a match, the match is to be scored as a 100-100 draw.
    c. If a team forfeits a match, it will result in:
    ...... 1st Forfeit: Warning
    ...... 2nd Forfeit: Risk of no invitation for next season
    ...... 3rd Forfeit: Disqualification from the Wiimmfi League

XVIII
    . Disqualifications / Withdrawals

a. Any future match results for disqualified or withdrawn teams will be scored 100-0 in disfavor of the disqualified or withdrawn team.
    b. Any future match results in which two disqualified or withdrawn teams play each other will be scored as 100-100. Both teams will receive 0 points for the match on their division’s leaderboard.
    c. Any individual points for players of disqualified or withdrawn teams will be removed.
    d. If a team withdraws during a season, it will result in:
    ..... 1st time withdrawing: Warning + risk of no invitation for next season
    ..... 2nd time withdrawing: Disqualification from the Wiimmfi League

d.i. Any players affiliated with the withdrawing team in question may have any transfer requests in the same season denied.
    d.ii. If a team from a custom track division withdraws during a season, the rules stated in d. will apply to their regular track team as well (if they have a similar roster as the team that has withdrawn), and vice-versa.
    XIX. Playoffs

a. Before the start of the season, Team Representatives will be voting for their teams in order to choose between having playoffs or no playoffs. There are 3 choices to pick from this:

a.i. Best of 3 - Participating in 3 wars where the first team to win 2 wars win the division. The first seed will have a bagging advantage of choosing for the First and Third war.
    a.ii. 7 GP War - Participating in a 7 GP War where the team with the most amount of points at the end of the war wins. The first seed will have have host advantage and engine class choosing for the whole war The first seed will have bagging advantage for four GPs: GP1, GP3, GP5, GP7 while the second seed will have bagging advantage for three GPs: GP2, GP4, GP6.
    a.iii. No playoffs - There will be no playoffs after the ending of the last week which means whoever finishes first wins the division.

*If you use these rules outside of CT WL, please use common sense regarding score penalties in matches that aren't 5vs5 and be reasonable regarding tag rules, hosting rules etc. These rules are specifically meant for the league. Teams who continuously go out of their way to apply these rules to impractical scenarios or manipulate rules to get wins will be excluded from the community.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.