1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Staff would like to offer a free name change to all users (including those that do not have supporter status) over Christmas weekend! Name changes will start being accepted at 12:00am EST on December 23 and they will stop being accepted at 12:00am EST on December 26. Please message any staff member and request a name change. You may find contacts on this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Division 1 - Playoffs

Discussion in 'Division 1: Shock' started by ace, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace

ace EVIL, Bushi, Sanada, Hiromu y Naito Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    LIJ

Introduction ThreadStandingsRulesetRule UpdatesDiscord Server

Refer to http://mkboards.com/forums/threads/csl-season-7-playoffs.26369/

As for the individuals chart, I will record top 10 after playoffs. The double round robin standings thread will keep the individuals chart from before playoffs and will not be updated to accommodate playoffs. Only the chart on this thread will be updated to accommodate playoffs.

Credits to @Savannah for the layout.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Matt

Matt

• Founding Member
    In light of what happened today, I wanted to commend Nero for his post in the finals thread. It would've been easy to exit with a salt post but it's nice that didn't happen.

This game is ultimately pretty meaningless. Sure there's tons of entertainment and satisfaction, but the median player has won a massive zero dollars from this game. In three years nobody, especially your professors/bosses, will care who won CSL. Being able to own up to your mistakes and apologizing is infinitely more valuable than who wins some wars, so thanks for doing that.

Orange, Sane, Christan and 4 others like this.
  3. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Nero4MVP

4. TK64

TK64

• Founding Member
    Team:
    ωZ
    While the game may be meaningless to you (I don't even think that's the case), it isn't to everyone. The game means a lot to me and most of my teammates, and the fact that we were unable to play a proper final and get our first CSL D1 win by normal means was utterly disappointing.

That being said, from my understanding of the situation, it seems that Underground Kings would have ended up having to 4v5 at some point anyways, even if we rescheduled, due to a lack of players. I understand why this was done, but I just wish it was handled better. I'm glad Nero made a formal apology on the results thread after all was said and done, but the way he was talking to Killua and I in the D1 reps chat was not friendly to say the least. Although, it was nothing compared to the verbal abuse several of our members received from Eagle in skypeless lounge!

At the end of the day a win is a win, and wZ's first D1 CSL title at that, but needless to say it's unsatisfying. I guess our match vs RtDylan was the "true finals" but at the end of the day, it would have been nice to have an actual best of 3 against uk with no alting involved, win or lose. We are all human though and make mistakes, so I really can't hold it against them too much. I think that the bans on all of the members who played in the 2 wars in question are a bit harsh, but considering the new league that Jeff is making, I guess they won't care too much.

Coming into this season my goal was a perfect season, a 10-0 and 2-0 finals. I'm disappointed in myself for not leading my team to a better performance, we lost matches that we definitely shouldn't have, but at the end of the day, I'm proud of how my team performed throughout the season (especially Kuzan, what a monster) and especially in the semifinals vs RtDylan which basically acted as the division's finals. GG's to all teams who participated.

Teeples and ~Maidvelia❤~ like this.
  5. Matt

Matt

• Founding Member
    I didn't mean "meaningless" as in completely worthless in every aspect; I noted that there's a lot of entertainment and satisfaction to be had in this game, which is what you touched on. My point was that being a good person is infinitely more important than winning at this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.