1. Moderator Applications are open! Find out about this, along with a number of other updates, here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

[DS] Cheep Cheep Beach

Discussion in 'Shell Cup' started by JoeHDG, Mar 28, 2015.

1. JoeHDG

JoeHDG

Team:
    ώƒ
    Switch FC:
    3807-5030-5524

Current advantage WR by: エル/ Mr L

Current non advantage WR by: Danny

Optimal combo for this track:
    Streetle (dpad) mach 8 (stick)​
    slick wheels
    weight glider

Note: this track is significantly more challenging with dpad, although it does save a decent amount of time i would not recommend using it unless you are confident with dpad as the MT releases would be too difficult for most.

The start:
    After the startup boost, do a right hop and then a left hop followed with four slides: Left-Right-Left-Right. You will need to do these slides quite fast so that you will reach the part of the bridge that levels off before the glider.

After this is completed perform a right drift into 5 hops: Left-Left-Right-Left-Right and end this off with one slide to left, tricking off the glider.

When you are about to land from the glider drift immediately to the right so that you will be able to take this next turn as tight as possible, grabbing the coin in the middle.

Next we have a pretty simple turn so you should make sure that you're driving as close to the grass as possible whilst keeping your joystick in a neutral position for the time being. Shown here

The Beach:
    Once we come to the end of this turn hold a soft to the right so that you will be able to charge a smt for this straight. (note if you struggle to get this for whatever reason try soft drifting whilst taking the turn prior to the straight) Your smt should be released around here.

As the smt is released complete 4 hops as followed: Left-Right-Left-Right. if you have timed your hops right you should be around here:

so that you can follow this with a left drift onto the zipper. Make sure to soft drift the whole time you're in the air as if you spend too much time softing on the ground you are likely to mess up the next turn. This saves a lot of time as opposed to tricking so make sure to practice it even if it seems challenging at first.

The mt should be charged so release it around here.

Follow this mt with one hop to the right and 2 left slides; you can pick up 2 coins instead of 1 here if you're lucky. Then proceed to drift to the right where you are about to enter the water.
    Now from here hold this drift when entering the water until you are in alignment with the middle coin, from here keep driving around the mud until you pass the crab and then pull into a neutral position by hoping to the left. Continue to drive in a straight line so you can grab the coin on the left.

Pull into a right drift here so you have enough time to charge a mt allowing you to take the turn tighter. Once you have grabbed the coin by the palm tree release the mt with a right hop and a right drift, try to hold your joystick to the right as much as possible whilst still softing so that you can charge a mt when you have this alignment.

From here perform 1 right hop followed by 1 slide and a right drift which will hopefully have you tight inside the palm tree and ready to enter the jungle section.

The Jungle and shroomspot Lap 1/3:
    Immediately start soft drifting so that once you have entered the jungle section you can pull your joystick to the left and quickly pull back to the right so you will be able release your mt without sacrificing your line that much.
    Continue drifting around this turn until you have charged a smt and reached this spot:

From this position complete the following hops: Left-Right-Left-Right Left(drift)
    note there are 2 coins in this section of the jungle that you can grab but if you haven't missed any prior to this section than don't bother going for them.
    Now drift around the patch of mud and grab your 10th coin, delay the release of your smt until you get to this spot:

and complete the following hops: Right-Right-Left-Right-Left-Right (shroom) Left-Right-Left-Right-Left-Right-Left Right (drift). If all your hops were timed right, you should be right at the spot where you took your initial drift at the start.

For dpad players this part of the track is vital in charging the smt leading up to the glider as you have a very short window to charge your smt without crashing into the wall. This part of the bridge makes it easier to charge the smt by hopping into your drift which gives you more air time furthermore allowing you more time to charge a smt. As i said, the angle to charge this smt is extremely tight but you can afford to tap your joystick to the right very quickly which is often the only reason why players are able to do this smt. Release your smt in the same way you did lap 1 with the following hops: Left-Right-Left-Right-Left-Right(slide)

Lap 2/3 Differences:
    • One of the few differences to lap 1 is the shroomspot at lap 2. What you have to do here is slide leading to the under water section using Right-Right-Left, but instead do not drift and go for a mt, just drive straight off the end of the beach and fall underwater shown here:

• Once you reach this spot use your second shroom through the mud with the following hops: Right-Left-Right-Left-Right. A common mistake players make on this part of the track is that they do not successfully complete 5 hops on this shroomspot, sometimes because of using the shroom in the wrong place or alternatively, not being aware 5 hops is necessary at this part of the track. After the 5 shroom hops complete 4 slides as followed: Right-Left-right-Left- Right(drift)

• At the end of the track make sure to end off with slides as you don't have anymore shrooms to use.

Conclusion
    That about wraps it up for Cheep Cheep Beach so i hope you are able to find this guide of good use. If you have any further questions or queries about this track or i didn't explain something in a way that you understand, please don't hesitate to let me know on this thread!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Doodle, awtkenny, Mike. and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ebba

Ebba My Funny Valentine

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Х2
    Almost a year since no guide!!

3. Tzuzu

Tzuzu Like late summer they slowly fade away MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    yea same

4. Dinostraw

Dinostraw

Team:
    Wait until the 28th, then someone write it

5. Checkmate

Checkmate

Team:
    Sovereignty
    You have tops here, right? You could take over. p:

6. Dinostraw

Dinostraw

Team:
    I'm a second away from tops XD

7. Checkmate

Checkmate

Team:
    Sovereignty
    I can't keep track. xD

8. JoeHDG

JoeHDG

Team:
    ώƒ
    Switch FC:
    3807-5030-5524
    Hi, I'll have this completed as soon as I get the chance.

Otter11, awtkenny, Sayan and 2 others like this.
  9. Tzuzu

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
  10. JoeHDG

JoeHDG

Team:
    ώƒ
    Switch FC:
    3807-5030-5524
    @Reina I'll be writing this after mku today.

11. Tzuzu

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
  12. Tyler

Tyler

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    NY
    @Nove will be happy to hear the guide is finally being written

Tzuzu likes this.
  13. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
  14. JoeHDG

JoeHDG

Team:
    ώƒ
    Switch FC:
    3807-5030-5524
    ya I'm shit sorry. this will be finished by the end of the week, I swear

00yellowfish likes this.
  15. Tzuzu

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:

same

16. JoeHDG

JoeHDG

Team:
    ώƒ
    Switch FC:
    3807-5030-5524
    hey man, its hard to type all this up on a phone.

17. Tzuzu

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    @DannyZhu don't be lazy af and write it for my man over here

JoeHDG likes this.
  18. JoeHDG

JoeHDG

Team:
    ώƒ
    Switch FC:
    3807-5030-5524
    After 1 year 4 months this guide is finally finished!

Jordan likes this.