1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

[DS] Tick-Tock Clock

Discussion in 'Lightning Cup' started by Nearo, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Nearo

Nearo

Team:
    High Definition

( Why the hell is Jacob not doing this? Well because I forgot to ask him but whatever )
    Once again, it's me Diogo, that will try to describe as well as I can how does one get at least 1:43 on Tick Tock Clock. One of the most exciting courses in the game for me
    First turn

There's already pretty much a difference between Jacob and me within 1 second on this course. At the startboost,I do 2 hops,Jacob doesn't. Why doesn't he ? " I don't like the angle the hops give,I'm more confident by not doing them. " That's what he said. But sadly,I recommend doing them, it can make you gain over .050 ( I could have Jacob offscreen sometimes on that part ) and it also helps if you aim for the smt afterwards ( which should be natural. ). Of course,to get this SMT,you have to softdrift. For how long ? Well,pretty much the whole turn, except when you want to align yourself, right there :

Keep in mind that is only when you're doing starthops. Jacob's way is completely different than mine. He moves first his pad on the left,then on the right, then he starts softdrifting,starts to align his angle pretty early,then constant softdrift until the part he's going to release the SMT.

The second turn,boost pads and the next MT

Well now you have to charge an MT again,through softdrifting, which isn't hard at all actually,if you keep moving your pad on the right in the air after releasing your SMT,it kinda counts as a counter-drift and helps you a lot doing it. But,the place where you release that MT is actually limited if you want to gain time.

Right after release it,do a right hop,and then a right slide. Then once again,you have to get another MT properly. To gain a lot of time at the boost pads,you should keep softdrifting on them, to charge the mt,and somehow reduce traction ( kinda like wheelers ) and it will help you getting a better angle for the mt release. This MT must be released once again at a very specific spot,because you must benefit from the boost that you get from the boost pad to gain time and go further in the track,which helps for the slide afterwards.

You can release it a bit later,but it doesn't really matter unless you're Jacob and aim for perfection. The proper MT release is right where the boost pad ends.
    After that MT done,you have to do 3 hops going on the left, then a slide. The 3 hops on the left work like that : You move your pad just in the direction of the hop,then you don't touch it anymore to keep a proper angle and not just frontrun into the next wall,and then you can start sliding. But some people wonder how Jacob often releases the MT so well, and never loses his angle or just doesn't get screwed up by physics. It's because Jacob starts charging his MT in the air.

He starts to softdrift instantly,then to align himself he goes on the left again,then he gets a boosted trick and gets a coin while releasing the MT. The MT release matters a lot, you can lose .200 through just failing that part.

Going for glider

The next turn is a little bit tricky. You have to softdrift,leave pad neutral at some point,then go on the left to get a proper alignement for the next turn.

Right at the MT release,do a left hop,then a right slide,and again trick.

Now,that part works for all 3 laps, but it's a bit tricky to understand.

You start drifting normally,going completely on the right,but,there is one little part and one thing to remember to do at all laps. You will have to softdrift for some time at some specific and timed spot.

Stop softdrifting whenever you must re-align yourself and go on the left again. Now,you have to get 2 coins before tricking at glider, and do slides. Wait a second. Did I say slide"s" ? Well,in fact....

Glider part and clock tricks

Well then now that you've finished reaching lap1 glider you gotta aim for the 3 coins if you are at the right pace. You can get all of them, if you are inbetween 1:43.2xx and 1:45.3xx,from what I can remember. It entirely depends of how well you drove the part before and if you're good at lap1 in general.

How does a mad one just simply gets 3 coins at the glider ? Simple.
    He's a TASer ( @Luso)

Nah I'm obviously joking. The timing is a bitch to learn,but after like 20mins of pratice you should be capable of getting them nearly all the time. Right after tricking,you're going to put your pad on the left,but you will have to softdrift to go down and left at the same time. THEN, you will have to go completely on the left,right there :

By doing that it should be piss easy to get all the coins,and right after,if you're a lot behind Jacob,aim for the coin being on the left,the clocks are going to be at a better place for your pace. If you're too slow to get the 3 coins at glider,get 2 still,but stay on the right side, don't go on the left for god sakes unless you have like 1:46 or a worse PR.

Also,never forget : Right before tricking on the last clock you HAVE to slide. It's the fastest way and the slide is faster only at that place.

Lap1 Ending

Well now we've finally managed to reach the ending of lap1,but how do I do that part perfectly ?

The first drift,is completely softdrifted. No doubt. There's no way you can get the angle perfectly without doing a complete softdrift there. Aim for the tightest turn possible and release MT as late as possible to get enough air to pass over a place where you should be normally falling if you were driving some grand turismo bullshit ( xd )

and now we have the most decisive part of the track which can make you screw up and press restart all the time, that sort of nisc. I must tell that no matter your pace , the hop there is still fast as fuck compared to take the nisc properly without hopping.

At the start of it,you can start softdrifting, but after just a little moment,you will have to leave your pad neutral right there :

If you have 9 coins like Jacob,aim for the 2nd coin,helps a lot for the angle and it is also the fastest way. If you have 8,don't leave the pad neutral,and just try your best to get the 2 coins altogether and not screw up the angle.

Now,go as wide as you can,but not too much. Keep in mind that if you go too wide you'll just end up falling before reaching the chance to get a good nisc.

a little bit after softdrifting ( Right there it shows up as 31.291,I'd say at around mid 31.4 ) you can start drifting completely on the right.

Then just simply hop, trick,softdrift to get the mt,re align yourself to get a proper angle and shroom a bit late.

The new strat

A few weeks ago Jacob found out that not taking glider was faster. How do you do the new strat properly,without losing any time ?

Well,in the first place,you'll have to release your SMT pretty early compared to lap1,do 2 slides,then hop right on the trick :

Then you can do the part as well as you can,shroom when you can,this is just a matter of the pace ( Just look up at the wr,the shroom sucked hard because of how fast Jacob is )

Lap2 Ending

The lap2 ending is by far the easiest ending out of the 3s to do properly. No matter the pace,it's just very easy.

From 1:43.2 to 1:44.4 :

Basically,don't go too tight,don't go too wide,aim for a perfect angle by softdrifting more compared to how you've done the part on lap1, then hop right there without touching pad afterwards again :

Any other pace :

Aim for the same angle as lap1 or hop a tiny bit more on the right ( if I take the screenie as example,you'd hop more on the right of the brown thing,instead of starting the hop on it.

Lap3 Ending

The hardest ending if you have a shit pace. Let's start making sure you won't screw that up anymore.

From 1:43.2 to 1:45.3 :

Go as tight as possible by switching softdrift and going on the right.

Any other pace :

Try to aim for the same angle as lap2 if you have 1:46~1:47, release smt right after you've passed the nisc part, or release the smt RIGHT when you are going to pass that huge thing that allows you to get a trick.

For the smt release,move your pad only on the left before,and then once you're sure you're not gonna get fucked,release smt

Now beat mah jacoby:p

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Otter11, Doodle, Vinikun and 2 others like this.
  2. Ryan's

Ryan's 's Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Free agent soon
    Could someone update this?

3. Tzuzu

Tzuzu MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff