1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Fatal Aces interview

Discussion in 'MK8 Official Media' started by Savannah, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Savannah

Savannah Whirlwind

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Explorers of Time

@Speck and I interview @Blair @Accuracy @Chibi

Keep in mind this was done during Week 6 cause I've been slacking, but the rest of the interviews will be uploaded this week (since I have exams coming up, they need to anyway).

Coming up: Severance, Dynamite, Mario Party, and a blooper video.

Ethan L, Blair, Jax and 1 other person like this.
  2. Exodaire

Exodaire Virtual Insanity

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Divine Phoenix
    Is it possible to give us the tracklist used in this video ?

Emblem, Savannah and Ebba like this.
  3. Savannah

Savannah Whirlwind

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Explorers of Time
    Sure, I'll start putting them in the descriptions of each interview. I'll update this video with its tracklist soonish.

Exodaire likes this.
  4. lonelymoon

lonelymoon Banned ;_;

• Banned
    Team:
    None
    I don't know if this will be considered as redundant, annoying, or just dismissed altogether, but I wanted to say a few things about this.

First off, nice MitiS song at the beginning, but why is the game audio blending in with the music? Have one or the other, both will never work.

Secondly, record a little more carefully, so nothing peaks and the pronunciation is acceptable. Speck had a few parts where his microphone sounded a little distorted, as if he blew into it or tapped on it. If it sounds too terrible, fix it with EQ/Audacity. In turn, you'd have to put a little bit more work into it, but I don't fancy muddy audio at all.

Lastly, I would appreciate if there was a little bit more flow to the interview. Wholeheartedly, I found the interview okay, but it moved almost sluggishly at times. Make it a little faster in terms of dialogue, I think it's safe to say that nobody likes to stay stuck at a silent point in the video. Alternatively, another scenario, nobody likes to stay stuck at a point where someone doesn't know how to continue the discussion/has nothing to say. It's awkward and off-putting to the max.

If you can't do it in one piece, practice. You may be in the media team, but you have to show me you belong there, Speck. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

That's about all I have to say for now. If any staff member/media person read this, even if only a word, thank you. :p

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    MDubz and Speck like this.
  5. Speck

Speck

Team:
    Arcadia
    Criticism is never annoying or redundant so long as it's constructive, which this clearly is - so before I say anything else, thank you for taking the time to write this out, it's genuinely really appreciated :)

To give you some insight into the second concern - people who have been in a call with me have noticed that at times, my microphone can produce static, and sometimes it can be very, very loud. To combat this, I have another pair of headphones that I use specifically for interviews, but even then they're relatively cheap and cheerful, and even though they aren't used much, they still don't completely eradicate the static or distorted sounds. I also don't own any fancy recording equip, either - to be honest, it's all recorded through OBS. As much as it'd be nice to be able to fork out more money for better recording equipment and software, at the moment as a fresh graduate looking for employment, disposable income is only a pipe dream at this moment in time (not to mention I'm not the most tech-savvy to begin with)! In terms of post-interview, Sabby is in charge of editing and adding video to the interviews, so you'd have to ask her specifically about what is done to alter the audio.

I absolutely agree in terms of adding flow. As this is the first time I've done something like this, naturally I tend to be somewhat nervous and fluster over my words, and though I try my absolute best to keep things going and add comments to encourage people to elaborate more on the discussion, sometimes that doesn't come across convincingly. I prepare the questions a few hours in advance and think about the ways I can put them in words other than what's on the screen so it doesn't just sound like I'm reading them out, but everything in-between is purely on the fly. It all comes with experience and as you say, practice, and it's something we'll absolutely be honing in on and developing as more interviews are recorded in the future.

MDubz, Sayan, AbaraiK and 1 other person like this.