1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

FFA Tournament [cancelled]

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Shix, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Shix

Shix

• Founding Member
    Team:
    xv | [¢β]
    Free-for-all (1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1)
    This tournament will serve as a test for the upcoming FFA project planned for the summer of 2017.
    Rules and information can be found in the second post.
    Please read the rules carefully before you register!
    If you would like to help me co-host this Free-for-all please contact me on Discord (Shix#3015)!

I started hosting FFA tournaments in 2008. I hosted thirteen editions of a twelve-player tournament called the Pro Cup between September 2008 and January 2009. Between May 2009 and July 2011 I have hosted about ten larger FFA tournaments. These large tournament had between 100-150 participants. I asked the staff of MKWii to delete a few of the FFA's I hosted because of suspicious winners (one of these tournaments had 250 participants and was the largest I ever hosted). I am responsible for revamping the old FFA rules and many of today's rules are still copy/pasted from my work (but rarely credited). My FFA tournaments were hugely popular because of how fast they were organized and because they attracted many veteran/high-profile/known/skilled players. I am one of the the most experienced hosts of large FFA tournaments in this community.

Date: January 24th 2016
    Winner: Chrome
    Details: 60 participants

Date: January 8th 2016
    Winner: Nero
    Details: 44 participants

Date: July 8th 2011
    Winner: Norway
    Details: 180 participants

Date: April 9th 2011
    Winner: Frenchy
    Details: 118 participants

Date: March 26th 2011
    Winner: Sphinx
    Details: 92 participants

Date: March 12th 2011
    Winner: Thurmos
    Details: 100 participants (estimated from there being 60 participants at round 2)

Date: August 14th 2011
    Winner: Dunx and Sunny
    Details: 46 participants

Date: July 10th 2010
    Winner: Sword
    Details: 92 participants

Date: January 15th 2009-September 2008
    Winner: Norway (12 individual titles)
    Details: 12-24 player tournament called the Pro Cup.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. Shix

Shix

• Founding Member
    Team:
    xv | [¢β]
    Tournament Name: Åsgard
    Tournament Organizer(s): Shix,
    Date: April 15th 2017
    Starting Date/Time: 19:00 Norwegian time
    Registration Deadline: 17:30 Norwegian time
    Player limit: based on number of available hosts

1. Registration
    a.
    Players must register themselves through this thread. Include your Discord ID if you're able to host a room.
    a.i. WL banned players that were banned for cheating are not welcome to participate.
    a.ii. A Discord ID is only required for hosting. If you have any chance to a host, please sign up as one!
    a.iii. OpenHost is required to sign up as a host.
    b. You may not change your friend code after the tournament starts.
    c. You may not ask someone to sub you. If you're unable to continue the Tournament Organizer(s) will select a player to replace you in future rounds.
    d. If you wish to cancel your registration, please delete your original post on this thread and message a Tournament Organizer if you signed up as host!

2. General
    a.
    When you sign up to this FFA, you agree to all the rules of the FFA and to the final decisions made by the FFA organizer(s).
    b. Participants in this tournament are prohibited from "bending" or "manipulating" rules or loopholes in the rules in order to create a benefit to any participating player in the tournament. Players who are found to be performing such acts will be subject to punishment based upon the severity of the incident caused by such ruleset manipulation (most likely a disqualification). All players in the tournament are expected to use common sense in all actions that they take, and to not act foolish for the sake of trying to cause harm. The tournament, whereas being competitive, is also meant to be simple and easy to understand, so if you do have any questions as to what the rules do and do not allow, please ask the Tournament Organizer (using this thread) before reporting anything invalid or manipulating rules.
    c. Free choice of vehicles, characters, and controllers.
    d. Repeating tracks gives the player -10 points.
    d.i. Tracks reset each round.
    e. Major glitches and hacking are not allowed. Performing these glitches will result in immediate disqualification.
    e.i. The following track glitches are not allowed:
    - Mushroom Gorge
    - Mario Circuit
    - Coconut Mall (this includes not only the ultra, but also the downward spiral-skip)
    - Wario’s Gold Mine
    - Maple Treeway
    - Grumble Volcano (the rockhop and lava respawn are fine)
    - Rainbow Road (the moonjump is fine)
    - GCN Peach Beach
    - GCN Waluigi Stadium
    - N64 DK’s Jungle Parkway
    - N64 Sherbet Land
    e.ii. Should a player glitch, the host is to immediately end the room, blacklist the offender(s), and continue as normal. All races up to that point will count, but not the race that was glitched in.
    f. Each round prior to finals consists of 2 GPs.
    g. Trolling is not allowed.
    g.i. If a player trolls, the host is to immediately end the room, blacklist the offender(s), and continue as normal. All races up to that point will count, but not the race that was trolled in.
    h. No custom tracks are to be chosen.
    h.i. If a custom track is picked for any race, that race will not count and the host must reset the room.
    i. Draggable Blue Shells, and other modifications that are not meant for the sole purpose of connecting to Wiimmfi must be turned OFF. Ignorance is Bliss must be turned OFF as well. Other settings should match the current standards for the WL.
    j. You cannot voice communicate with others in your room.
    j.i. If a player is found to be voice communicating, they will be disqualified!
    k. Teaming is banned.
    k.i. If a player is found to be teaming, they will be disqualified!
    l. The Tournament Organizer(s) have the right to take action on instances that they believe prevent the tournament from running smoothly. This includes, but is not limited to: players causing toxic connection, warping around the room, manipulating the rules, etc.
    m. Rules are subject to change. In most cases the Tournament Organizer(s) will update the participants when something is changed prior to a new round.
    n. Players are encouraged to load through CTGP with CTs on throughout the entire FFA, however this is only required during the finals.
    o. By registering for this tournament you (the participant) giver ownership of your soul to Shix (this applies even if you didn't read this rule).

3. Scoring
    a.
    The total points a player earns is the sum of the two GPs (three GPs are played for the final round).
    b. Scores are based on the GP that you've played. If you play only one GP, you will get only points from that GP. You won't get any points if you didn't show up for the 1st of a GP.
    c. Disconnecting will result in one of the following:
    - the player will score 0 points if he/she or another player in the room can't prove the player showed up for the GP.
    - should a player disconnect after race 1, they will receive the points they gained as well as +3 per race missed.
    - should a player disconnect before race 1 ends, they will score 12(12player room)/10 (10 player room) pts for that GP. However, you have to actually play race 1 of a GP to get compensation.
    e. If 3 or more people disconnect from the room before race 1, the room must be restarted. Disconnections after the beginning of race 1 will be ignored; unless there is a mass disconnection. The Tournament Organizer(s) will decide what they consider a mass disconnection.
    e.i. In the scenario that the host turns out to be bad, the Tournament Organizer will take action where needed.

4. Groups
    a.
    Groups prior to the finals are mainly selected based on RNG. If the Tournament Organizer(s) feel that three or more players shouldn't be in the same room together, they will be moved to another room to avoid teaming.
    b. Players must add their respective host and join when the room is opened.
    c. Failure to join within the allotted time will result in an automatic disqualification.
    d. The number of players that will advance after each round will be announced when new rooms are posted.

5. Room
    a.
    Host must add players at least 5 minutes before the starting time of each round.
    b. Players have 10 minutes to join the room from the starting time of the round. If the round starts at 17:30, then players must join by 17:40.
    c. The host must open the room within 10 minutes after the round announcement time.
    d. In the rare event that there are not enough hosts available, the Tournament Organizer(s) will disqualify "random" participants.
    e. If loading through CTGP, hosts MUST have the following settings: http://i.imgur.com/IqIvdwV.png.
    f. If you are a host or player: please let the Tournament Organizer(s) know if anything happens in your room (example: a dc, trolling, cheating, teaming). Try to note down scores and update the Tournament Organizer(s) with scores after GP1 and GP2!
    g. Make sure you check on http://wiimmfi.de/mkw that all the players in your room are actual participants. If all the players haven't joined by starting time please give an additional three minutes for them to join.

6. Results
    a.
    Upon registration, you must state if you are able to take pictures of the GP end results.
    b. Players who stated they are available to take pictures upon registration are responsible for posting the final results of the room. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
    c. Once a player is eliminated, the player cannot "normally" take part in the tournament again.
    d. When posting results make sure to clearly mark what room you were in, show who is proceeding to the next round, and next to their name make sure to post their friend code (FC).

7. Rules for the final round
    a.
    To be able to participate in the final round; the Tournament Organizer(s)/other participants must be able to confirm your identity. Friend codes not found on a search engine or in the WL registry will be disqualified and replaced! If you're alting and don't want anyone to know before the end of the final round you can send the Tournament Organizer(s) a message on Discord.
    b. You must join the room with white line. If you’re not able to use white line you must stream startup (like you would do in the WL) for some of the other finalist and they will have to confirm it. If you join the final round without white line and doing conditionals you’ll be immediately removed from the tournament. If this is spotted in the first race, the room will be reset and that race will not count.
    b.i. Other finalists (only if 4 or more) can request the startup of any participant, even if said player uses white line. The Tournament Organizer(s) will decide if the request will be granted.

Sign-up Format:
    Mii Name (Friend Code) (Discord Name#ID for hosts) (Twitch channel link for streamers)
    Are you able to take pictures and post results?: Yes/No
    I have familiarized myself with the rules of this tournament: Yes/No

Example:
    Shix (5157-2898-8142) (Shix#3015) (http://twitch.tv/shixzoner)
    Are you able to take pictures and post results?: Yes
    I have familiarized myself with the rules of this tournament: Yes

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  3. Shix

Shix

• Founding Member
    Team:
    xv | [¢β]
    Number of participating players: 1
    Shix (3739-9445-3474)
    Number of hosts needed: 1
    ?
    Previous rounds:
    To be updated.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  4. Shix

Shix

• Founding Member
    Team:
    xv | [¢β]
    Welcome to another Free-for-all!

5. Emblem

Emblem

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Astrophile
    Emblem (1595-1392-5596) Can host, can't take pictures and results
    You have me added on Discord.

My discord: emblem#5045

6. Zenøn

Zenøn

GUN McDo (2368-2322-2088)

7. Zagler

Zagler Forever improving

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    βλ
    Lancer (2110-5353-2821) (Zagler#0823) (http://twitch.tv/zagler1)
    Are you able to take pictures and post results?: Yes for pics/no for results

8. Rush

Rush Global Moderator Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Untouchables
    Jake (5286-6824-6190)

9. Crowe

Crowe Vanity

• MKBoards Supporter
    Crowe (4215-0698-0974)

10. Taz_

Taz_ Banned ;_;

• Banned
    Team:
    None
    • Taz (3096-3074-2177)
    • can host
    • Taz#1866

11. Apolo

Apolo

Team:
    ML❤️
    ML Nolia 5031-1127-8144

Apolo#9783

12. Catchnaab

Catchnaab

A tournament for my birthday !!

FGT Catch 4429 8186 4188
    Are you able to take pictures and post results?: No

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    xNight, Ash, Emblem and 6 others like this.
  13. Feysal

Feysal Love Galore

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    MB
    c. The final round will consist of 5 players advancing from each semi-final, one wild-card (the player with the highest score in the semi-finals that didn't advance) and myself (Shix). d. The final round will be hosted by myself (Shix) and will be 150cc for three GPs.

remove this

Ethan L, Yax, Crowe and 1 other person like this.
  14. Murabito

Murabito

• Founding Member
    Murabito (1294-4924-7889)
    Can't post pics.
    I read the rules.

Crowe likes this.
  15. Lloyd

Lloyd

• Founding Member
    Team:
    τα
    lloyd

2237-4858-0409

I can't take pictures and I also can not post results

Yes I have familiarized myself with the rules of this tournament.

16. Ryou Chan

Ryou Chan WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Team:
    wZ
    [KG]*Ryou* (4086-2213-3090)

17. bagger

bagger Hi.

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Alliance 15
  18. xSpade24

xSpade24

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Mτ - Mulτιvεrsε
    @VRΛ 5243 7160 5304

- No
    - Yes

19. Milxs

Milxs Light

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Moonblast
    Miles (2148-9435-1737)
    Are you able to take pictures and post results?: Yes

20. Shix

Shix

• Founding Member
    Team:
    xv | [¢β]
    Updates to: 7. Rules for the final round

The following two rules have been removed:
    c. The final round will consist of 5 players advancing from each semi-final, one wild-card (the player with the highest score in the semi-finals that didn't advance) and myself (Shix).
    d. The final round will be hosted by myself (Shix) and will be 150cc for three GPs.

The following rule have been re-written:
    a. To be able to participate in the final round; the Tournament Organizer(s)/other participants must be able to confirm your identity. Friend codes not found on a search engine or in the WL registry will be disqualified and replaced! If you're alting and don't want anyone to know before the end of the final round you can send the Tournament Organizer(s) a message on Discord.

If you want to help me organize this tournament, please send me a message on Discord.

21. Ryou Chan

Ryou Chan WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Team:
    wZ
    I have update my FC recently, i edit my first post.

22. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

• Founding Member
    Team:
    CH/U
    Wiimmfi FC:
    2279-1709-3627
    Misdre (2365 5253 9972)
    Misdre#9601
    Can Host/Take pics/post results

23. Delecto

Delecto

Delecto (3180-4235-4548)
    Delecto#8207

Can Host, make table etc.

24. Ethan L

Ethan L :-)

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Fλ / EXO
    xi Ethan (3740-9994-5689)

Chibz likes this.
  25. DatRaptor

DatRaptor

• MKBoards Supporter
    Not sure if its a good idea to host an FFA on the same day an CT FFA is getting hosted by mkb. Would love to participate, but CTs > regs.
    Still good luck with this ;)

Edit: Seems like the CT ffa was planned after yours, then i feel kind of sorry for it :/

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017