1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

[Finals] GROS 0 - 2 FL2

Discussion in 'Division 2: Mega Mushroom' started by MEGAKart69, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MEGAKart69

MEGAKart69

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Final Stand

- Suicide Ruleset

GP Pics

Don't have room pic

- Trolling Ruleset
    - 4v4

GP Pics

Room pic

MZ likes this.
  2. Sane

Sane Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Untouchables
    ggs

MZ likes this.
  3. MasterMarkxat

MasterMarkxat

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Λνail
    CTD3 Finals won by forfeit.
    CTD2 Finals had 1 match be a 4v4 and was postponed for a month or so.

Kind of tragic if you ask me, but congrats to FL2, well played all season and you turned up for the finals and played pretty well from what I saw.

When your first ever banner is from CTWL. Pretty neck worthy if you ask me

Barney, MZ, Jadid and 2 others like this.
  4. Frozone

Frozone Banned ;_;

• Banned
    Team:
    Enigma
    ctwl in a nutshell

MZ likes this.
  5. Thomas

Thomas

• Founding Member
    Really sad I dc'd before match 2 GP1... :/ Shane bad host

MZ, MasterMarkxat, OneRoyOne and 2 others like this.
  6. Skitty

Skitty

Team:
    Sωifτ

nice win FL2 ;)

MZ, Simon. and Eon like this.
  7. Ryou Chan

Ryou Chan

Team:
    KG
    Get counciled in final !

a. The default match size is 5-versus-5. However, if both teams agree to a different match size, that is allowed (with the exception of rules a.i., a.ii., and a.iii.).
    a.i. If both teams agree to different match size, this will override the default size for that match.
    a.ii. The only match sizes that are not allowed under any conditions are 3vs3s and below.
    a.iii. If a team has less than their needed players and are unable to agree to a different match size with the other team, they have a choice of going handicapped (if the team has less than 4 players for 5vs5, less than 3 for 4vs4, or less than 4 for 6vs6, this is not an option.), forfeiting the match, or rescheduling on the opponent's consent.

8. Zinthos

Zinthos WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    So why was the second match a 4v4?

MZ likes this.
  9. Jeff

Jeff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    nice rules

Skitty, MZ and Saikai like this.
  10. Zinthos

Zinthos WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    So I can understand why Melvin's post got deleted because of calling FL au tistic, but Frozen and Ryou's posts were fine. Ryou had a legitimate complaint about how council forced GROS to play 4v4 when in the rules allowed people to not take a 5v4 and Frozen's posts are relatively harmless.

MZ and TK64 like this.
  11. Canardx54

Canardx54

• Founding Member

Shamron, s, MZ and 9 others like this.
  12. Simon.

Simon. WL Staff

• WL Staff
    I will definitely be looking into who has deleted all of these posts, because half of them are absolutely harmless and should never have been deleted. You have full right to express your opinion, so I am honestly shocked at whoever is deleting your posts right now. The insults were uncalled for, however staff should have edited them out of the post rather than deleting the entire thing. Council members should not be deleting posts like some ridiculous tyrant, and rather be responding to the complaints drawn up by the members of the league so that progress and understanding can be reached. I'm honestly appalled.

Anyway, I'll keep this short. Council ruled, due to both GROS and Final Stand members being on holiday and/or unable to play for the next few weeks, that the chances of two, maybe three, 5v5 matches being played at any point within the next month was highly improbable. We didn't want playoffs to drag out forever, and wanted to move onto Season 11, so we ruled that the default size for this final would be 4v4. Foster, the GROS leader and team representative, was informed of this.

For the first match, both teams had 5 players and a 5v5 was therefore played by mutual agreement of the two teams. For the second match, Final Stand only had 4 players and they therefore demanded a 4v4, which they were perfectly entitled to do (as it was default, after all). The fact that this was not conveyed to the rest of the GROS team is not our fault; we informed Foster and he knew perfectly well what the situation was, so there was no ambiguity on our end whatsoever.

There was claims from a GROS point of view that FL did have a 5th member available to play the second match, and that he was favouring a scrimmage war with Vitality rather than playing for FL2 at the time. I did not look into this claim, and can therefore neither confirm nor deny it, however the unfortunate truth is that it actually doesn't matter. Council ruled the default to be 4v4, and therefore Final Stand, and GROS if they wanted to, were both perfectly entitled to demand a 4v4 irrespective of whether they had a 5th player available or not. Naturally, I do sympathize with GROS if their claim is correct because 5v5 is by far the better format, and it wouldn't have been very sportsmanlike for a FL member to neglect such an important league final, however we cannot provide punishment because, technically, they didn't actually do anything wrong.

This thread will remain locked to prevent any unnecessary drama / shitposting from either side. Well played to GROS for surprising so many people this season, and congratulations to Final Stand 2 on winning the division.

~Maidvelia❤~, MZ, Eon and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.