1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice

Further Staff Changes and Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Nozzles, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Nozzles

Nozzles RIP Chester Bennington

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Λνail
    Hey guys.

This announcement will be a mix of both changes to staff, as well as minor updates in general to make sure everyone is in the loop.

-

After a decent amount of time and thought, I am deciding to step down from my position on staff. I initially joined the staffing team because I already had prior staff experience from Smashboards; and I wanted to transition and test the waters on this forum, as well. While there have been many good times and new learning curves presented to me whilst being a part of this team, I am quickly coming to the realization that I am simply not possessing the proper amount of time to put towards this position I am in any longer. In best interest of improving the staffing team, it is proper for me to step down and, perhaps in due time, my position will be transferred to someone whom is more deserving of and devoted to the position. There will currently not be an immediate transfer of admin to anyone.

I will officially be un-staff'd come August; but before that happens, I want to finish up the work on the themes, which will be my main priority until next month comes.

Thank you to the staffing team and to the community, as well, it's been fun.
    See ya around.

as with introductions, I also suck with goodbyes lol

-

With that being said, there have also been additional changes to the staffing team as of recent: @Killua , @Berylium , and @Radi have also stepped down from their positions. Each have left for their own personal reasons, and we wish them the best wherever they go from here. Thank you for your time. :)

-

We have also taken on a new mod which will be taking the role of MK7 Moderator. Please welcome @Typhoon to the team!

There's has been some concern about his modship and how he got on the team without applications being re-opened. Basically the simplest answer is: while we do typically rely on the mod applications when choosing new members for the staff, it is not a necessity in all cases. There was already talk within the mod team for new potentials for a MK7 Moderator position; and Typhoon's name came up. So, in this case, we more or less hand-picked him for the position and he accepted the role.

-

Finally, a message from @Stunky : There has been a recent change with AdSense, so if there are any sketchy or unusual advertisements being displayed, please report them to anyone on staff.

Typhoon, BoomerZBear, Kneekoe and 9 others like this.
  2. AbaraiK

AbaraiK The Irish Mark Staff Member

• Administrator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Arc
    To expand on the MK7 mod position, we had been looking for one for awhile (a month or two) and had asked a few members of the MK7 league were they interested, @Typhoon was the most keen and we thought he would be an excellent edition so we added him.

Thank you to the mods/Nozzles for their service on the team, with that said we most likely will not be recruiting anyone new to replace them (Typhoon is a separate case) as we will try and see how effective a smaller mod team will be.

Please put pitchforks down D:

3. Berylium

Berylium o:

• MKBoards Supporter
    I feel like it's only fair to give my spot to someone that is interested in the games and is more connected to the community. Since MK8D became a thing i simply got more and more disconnected thanks to both a lack of interest but also the lack of the game itself.

That being said, best of luck to the remaining staff, thanks for giving me the chance, even thought i didn't make best use of it.

Farewell for now. ~

Typhoon and tylerr like this.
  4. trainwreck

trainwreck Trash Bin Tier (っ`ω´c)

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Thank you for your time, all 4 of you. We appreciate everything you do for the community.

Glad to see you with the rest of the Moderators, Typhoon.

5. Typhoon

Typhoon 시간은 흘러가는데. Staff Member 7L Staff WL Staff Media Staff

• Global Moderator
    • 7L Staff
    • WL Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Moonblast
    Hi, thanks for the opportunity! I hope to help the site grow in not just the MK7 community, but the community as a whole.

tylerr likes this.
  6. twingy

twingy

• Founding Member
    Team:
    d7
    hav1ng smaller staff groups could really work out imo, i think the league staff should try it , and if it doesnt work just go back to past members

7. λsuna

λsuna Whispering One MKU Staff Media Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • MKU Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    DY 8 / sтс 8D
    MKU League Staff did it before it was cool, it has it's perks but comes with downsides. You need to secure a high amount of activity from everyone before it's a good idea, otherwise it flops pretty quickly.

I'm on the fence if mod staff is ready for it, given the activity of some. Worth a try though, I guess.

~Maidvelia❤~, twingy and Kneekoe like this.
  8. Markness

Markness The end. Thanks for the memories.

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Đ¥
    It's a shame. i rated you highly as an Admin and really felt like you wanted to improve the forum and community. Thanks for your time Nozzles.

As for the ''work with a smaller staff''.
    Already said it before, Personally feel like it will work out, bigger chance to form a strong group and work better as a team.
    Bigger group = more chaotic work environment which only hurts the team in the long run.

Either way hope everything works out and goodluck with everything Nozzles.

Nozzles and twingy like this.
  9. ~Maidvelia❤~

~Maidvelia❤~ Progressive Regime 2018 Media Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    U★ | νκ
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    I come back from a power outage to see another good admin step down.

Today's not my day. :cry:

Farewell.

10. BoomerZBear

BoomerZBear

Wiimmfi FC:
    1593-4209-3300
    Aww, that's not good... why do we keep losing admins? o_O

All that aside, thanks for everything, Nozzles. You've been most helpful. :D It's good to have the themes up and running again, with lighter text prevailing on the dark themes like the one I use.

11. Xandzr

Xandzr 読めない Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    incoming anarchy

12. Radi

Radi I'm Canadian, but I'm not MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    Arcadia
    I apologize for bumping this thread, but I haven't had the time to make a reply until now.

I would like to thank the staff for making my time enjoyable, past and present staff.

I made a pretty rash decision by deciding to leave. It's something that I've taken into consideration for the future. As for the future, I still plan on doing my part for the community. I'd love to help maintain the site again in the future, as I feel that I haven't fully done my part yet, but that's for another time.

Welcome Typhoon, and thanks for your service to those who have stepped down and to Nozzles.

Sketch, Typhoon and Talia like this.