1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Interested in becoming a part of the site staff? Staff applications are open! Read this thread for more information, best of luck to all who apply!
    Dismiss Notice

[GF] ωZ2 0 - 2 GAMT

Discussion in 'Division 3: Mushroom' started by TK64, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK64

TK64 Staff Member Media Staff

• Founding Member
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    ωZ
    Match 1: GAMT

Host: ωZ2
    Ruleset: Suicide Bagging

Track Count: ωZ2 6-6 GAMT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match 2: Draw

Host: GAMT

Track Count: ωZ2 4-8 GAMT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match 2 Tiebreaker: ωZ2

Host: GAMT

Track Count: ωZ2 2-2 GAMT

Match 3: TBD

GAMT tried pressing for a trolling penalty in the 2nd war, and due to the time needed for the council to decide it, GAMT was no longer able to play the third match today after the tiebreaker GP. Penalty still hasn't been officially decided.

more coming soon to a theater near you

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    rcs, #Luna, Proto and 1 other person like this.
  2. MasterMarkxat

MasterMarkxat

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Λνail
    Before match 1:

Owen - 01/22/2017
    Div 3 champs

After the season:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    George, rcs, #Luna and 2 others like this.
  3. Beckett

Beckett

So what happened with the troll

rcs and Proto like this.
  4. Sane

Sane Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Fλ / υτ / FL
    Aditya~, rcs, StripE and 1 other person like this.
  5. Pryze

Pryze Staff Member WL Staff Media Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    • Media Staff
    bruder @Kneekoe gegen diese salzstangenverkäufer will ich die 150 sehen

rcs, Lionn, Kay and 4 others like this.
  6. Kneekoe

Kneekoe Staff Member WL Staff World Cup Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    • World Cup Staff
    wird gemacht @Pryze bruder

rcs and Ash like this.
  7. Ash

Ash Staff Member WL Staff Media Staff

• WL Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Moonblast
    mark 139?

i think there must be some mistake...

xSpade24, rcs, #Luna and 2 others like this.
  8. Kirito/Ty

Kirito/Ty Staff Member WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Team:
    FL
    Was deemed a -0 by the majority of the council

rcs and xNight like this.
  9. Owen

Owen Media Staff

• Founding Member
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    ksm
    so much for consistency all I'll say

rcs, Quinten and riyzofgeorge like this.
  10. TK64

• Founding Member
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    ωZ
    hawk's stream

rcs likes this.
  11. Plexy

Plexy

The one near you.

rcs and Christan like this.
  12. Arvo57

Arvo57

Team:
    GAMT

c. Suicide Bagging (a.k.a. NO Trolling)
    c.i. A player is not allowed to interfere with an opponent while being half a lap or greater behind the current 1st place position. This includes, but is not limited to, hitting them with an item (excluded items: Blooper, Lightning, and POW), taking their item box, and bumping them in some form (e.g. wheelie-bumps, bumping into an in-game object). A player is not allowed to intentionally get him/herself trolled.

:thinking:

Orange, Ash, JR and 9 others like this.
  13. TK64

• Founding Member
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    ωZ
    #nocontext

rcs, xNight and rubified like this.
  14. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg Staff Member MKU Staff Media Staff

• Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Considering some stuff that has gotten penalized, I'm shocked this didn't (altough I'd always vote to things like this if it didn't effect the final positions personally). However, a final ending from that which didn't affect the outcome of the race I assume would suck, so not sure if low-key justice or rigged.

rcs, laki and George like this.
  15. George

George

• Founding Member
    Team:
    GAMT

All of these were given at least a -5, in most of them the troll doesn't affect the racers position or the outcome of the race.

Some people may argue that they would have done other things differently but due to the troll they couldn't, this was the case for us as well. It was the start of lap3 of 5 so not even halfway through the race, the bump made our first place lose 2/3 seconds and meant he didn't have a break big enough for a situation of him to get blued after shock and then redded by wZ's 3rd place (he would have got passed by out 2nd and therefore not protecting and 3rd place reds are quite likely). Therefore we delayed our shock which probably prevented us from getting a top3 from the race.

Added to this, by wZ's bagger taking a tight line and bumping our 1st into the wall it also meant the bagging positions switched round making it harder for us to get the shock. Seems a bit unfair that he can just drive through the track and make us lose time whereas I go wide to avoid the pack and get disadvantaged because of this.

Decisions should be consistent. Whether or not you think its a troll or not is irrelevant when other penalties have been given for similar or even more minor trolls. Also the context of the match should have no bearing on the decision and just because we can still play another match doesn't give a reason for not to give this as a troll.

Ash, rcs, Tyler and 4 others like this.
  16. Quinten

Quinten

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Moonblast
    It's the grand finale of this division, no one wants penalties to decide the outcome of this match. However, you've got to be consistent, and seeing those four trolls that Gerogio posted, this troll should atleast be a -5.

rcs and Teeples like this.
  17. Killua

Killua Staff Member WL Staff World Cup Staff

• Global Moderator
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    • World Cup Staff
    All of those trolls had very small effects on the race, I agree, but the reason the CT Council decided to not penalize the troll is because Mark never lost 1st from the bump and finished 1st (with his teammate also staying in 2nd all race) so they felt the race was unaffected by the bump and therefore not worth penalizing. If Mark had been blued or otherwise hit out of 1st it'd have been a penalty as the lost time would've then changed the race, but as it happened, it didn't affect the race in any notable way.

rcs, StripE, Simon. and 2 others like this.
  18. Dugo

Dugo Audentes fortuna iuvat

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    βλ
    I think everyone agrees with the fact this troll would have gotten penalised during regular season but shouldn't be penalised in a division finals match, and that's why we have a case-by-case system I believe.
    It might look inconsistent/rigged just because it's wZ, but I personally would have had the same opinion on the matter if GAMT was the team who trolled. It's a really close series and no one wants to see it end this way.

rcs, TK64, Simon. and 3 others like this.
  19. George

George

• Founding Member
    Team:
    GAMT
    In the same way that those ones didn't affect the race in any notable way. Especially that box steal on DSDS.

Also the rules do not change for playoffs. If someone told me before the war i could just drive through the pack like that and I can bump people but as long as they don't lose spots its fine i probably would have got few more shocks..

rcs likes this.
  20. s

s pavement WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    NY
    first troll = box in optimal line stolen preventing double backspam around last corner (idk personally why this is a penalty anyway, blame reg track council)
    second troll = bagger bumps racer away from itembox preventing him from getting it
    third troll = player is bumped into wall in sixth, changing the outcome of the race
    fourth troll = player is wheelie bumped in sixth, changing the outcome of the race

ur troll = player is bumped into wall -- loses time but only to teammate & stays in first the entire race, itembox not stolen either

if we're arguing counterfactuals as well we like to take the race as it is, so, in this case, there were no blue shells or anything that actually made him lose first, be shocked, or redded by third place

in regards to your point about bagging (which i think is a pretty fair point to make), wz bagger wouldve taken that line regardless of who was there. we henceforth deemed it irrelevant to penalise the troll solely on that point due to that & like i mentioned before, you h4ving a higher chance of getting the shock is an observation and not what actually happened

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Noob, rcs, TK64 and 5 others like this.
  21. George

George

• Founding Member
    Team:
    GAMT
    The first one is an example of a counterfactual as you put it. If that was penalised than this one should be too as its the same ruleset for both CTs and regs. The third and forth ones there is no proof that it changed the race outcome at all as it was lap 3 and they could have just stayed in that position anyway.

I know the council decision was close. I don't know if everyone in CT council votes or just the people online at that point.

I feel we were not able to put across our arguments before the decision was made due to us lacking a presence on CT council whilst wZ have people there. Therefore I would ask that you revote on this decision and then we will accept whatever outcome you give.

rcs likes this.
  22. adagify

adagify

• MKBoards Supporter
    The whole council had voted, and it was a 5-3 majority vote for no penalty to be given, I can discuss a revote if you are very concerned, but I personally don't see anything changing.

I understand and agree completely about the first penalty you posted, it shouldn't have been counted as a -5, but that's RT Council. CT Council is a completely different staff group from them, that's something you simply have to blame the RT Council for, not the CT.

rcs likes this.
  23. Beckett

Beckett

This never would've happened if arvo didnt jump off the track at the end of ds bc

rcs, Arvo57 and #Luna like this.
  24. s

s pavement WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    NY
    good point, and i honestly think they were clutching at straws with the first troll as well, but again, i just have to make clear that we did not decide on those penalties. for the other point, a box stolen is an obvious example of a race being changed - any item the player received would've made a race pan out completely differently

in this particular instance, everyone voted

i'm also personally fine with a revote and ill bring it up now. if theres anything else you would like to put forth before the decision is reached (i'd say it'd be less than a day given the importance of the decision) please say it now and ill quote it.

there is 1 wz person on the council and 1 other wz person talking to us about it as we were making the decision, for the sake of your argument if you would like the latter to not take part in talking about the revote, please say so

rcs and adagify like this.
  25. rubified

rubified Lilium

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Why are you so insistent on getting this penalty, even after a decision was made? Do you really want to take a win in finals of playoffs off a troll that didn't affect the race at all whatsoever? Would you be proud of your victory?

Not gonna post my take on this since this was all discussed for long enough in WLdiscord server already and it'd be just repeating the same things

Noob, rcs, Sane and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.