1. Moderator Applications are open! Find out about this, along with a number of other updates, here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from the Staff! | MKBoards Staff Introductions and Contacts

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Savannah, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savannah

Savannah サンダーと稲妻

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Explorers of Time

SITE STAFF LIST & CONTACTS

Site Founder
    :flagAU: flc / Pyro | @flc | Introduction Post
    Site founder and technical administrator. Timezone: Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), UTC+10.

Administrators
    :flagIT: BetoMan | @BetoMan
    Head technical administrator. Timezone: Central European Summer Time (CEST), UTC+2. Discord Contact: BetoMan0#8507

:flagIE: Mark | @AbaraiK | Introduction Post
    Mario Kart 8 administrator. Timezone: British Summer Time (BST), UTC+1. Discord Contact: Abaraik#8709

:flagUS: Rollergold | @Rollergold | Introduction Post
    Technical administrator. Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MST), UTC-6.

:flagUK: Stunky | @Stunky | Introduction Post
    Mario Kart Wii administrator. Timezone: British Summer Time (BST), UTC+1. Discord Contact: Stunky#4913

Moderators
    :flagUK: ace | @ace.
    Mario Kart Wii moderator. Timezone: British Summer Time (BST), UTC+1. Discord Contact: ace#1384

:flagNO: Dragmire | @Dragmirejr | Introduction Post
    Mario Kart 8 U + Deluxe moderator. Timezone: Central European Summer Time (CEST), UTC+2. Discord Contact: Dragmirejr#2149

:flagUK: Ryan's | @Ryan's | Introduction Post
    Mario Kart 8 U + Deluxe moderator. Timezone: British Summer Time (BST), UTC+1. Discord Contact: Ryan's#9254

:flagUS: Sane | @Sane
    Mario Kart 8 U + Deluxe and Mario Kart Wii moderator. Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: Sane#5454

:flagUS: Sketch | @Sketch
    Mario Kart 8 U + Deluxe moderator. Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: sketch#3196

:flagUS: Tylerr | @reach for the stars | Introduction Post
    Mario Kart Wii moderator. Timezone: Central Daylight Time (CDT), UTC-5. Discord Contact: come alive#3656

:flagUK: Typhoon | @Typhoon
    Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 moderator. Timezone: British Summer Time (BST), UTC+1. Discord Contact: Typhoon#0036

:flagUK: Xander | @Xandzr
    Mario Kart 8 U + Deluxe and Mario Kart Wii moderator. Timezone: British Summer Time (BST), UTC+1. Discord Contact: Xander#0305

*Timezones are added for your convenience. For help converting a staff member's timezone to your timezone, visit https://www.timeanddate.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Savannah

Savannah サンダーと稲妻

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Explorers of Time

SITE STAFF INTRODUCTIONS

lina, My Angel Jeff, Aditya~ and 12 others like this.
  3. Rollergold

Rollergold Rosa Boi Staff Member

• Administrator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Unity
    I go most often by the nickname of Rollergold or Roller or Rosa Boi and I'm most known for my totally over the top, incredible love for Rosalina.To say that I Simply love her is your understatement for the year. Some will say I love her too much but I've never cared about what others think about this. Rosalina and the plushies (yes I have 3 plushies of her) are my own slice of pure bliss & happiness and she is very very special to me. Been around since 08 in the community and I'm also known for my tech knowledge and distaste for most things Apple Inc.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  4. AbaraiK

AbaraiK The Irish Mark Staff Member

• Administrator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Arc
    Yo, since all the cool kids are doing it.

My names Mark, I'm from Ireland and I'm 22. I have a degree in English and Sociology and I'm currently doing a Masters in Business Management.

So in case anyone is curious about how I got to here, it all started on youtube back in 2008. There was a pretty healthy Mario Kart Wii scene there and I initially fell in with the youtube crowd. Started making videos about Mkw and eventually through a good friend Aruba, made my way to wcl.

My first Youtube vid and still one of my faves.

On the Wcl site, a pre cursor to boards like this, I joined a clan N2o. I played with those guys for a few months, eventually dipped from Mkw for a bit to do other things. Later on I was in a clan called nv but that didnt work out as I was the only European in a full American clan. After taking another break, I came back to the clan Pae - Pandemonium. Now in more recent times it was known as a hacking clan, but those guys are still my friends to this day. They were largely comprised of elements of my first clan N2o. This was about 7 years ago and we still talk regularly enough. I'm even meeting one of them in April of this year when he visits Ireland.

Anyway in about late 2011 Pae started to go down hill, I eventually left the scene only to return towards the start of Mario Kart 8. I had not planned on getting a Wii U but my cousin did not want his any more so lent it to me. I picked up Mk8 and tried to reconnect with my old friends from Pae. 5 of us had got the game and made the clan Sanctuary. This was relatively short lived as we merged into Arcadia and I've been there for almost 2/3 years. While I don't play Mario Kart anymore, I'm still apart of the group and we talk every day.

In terms of mod/admin stuff, I was on Mku staff for about 8 months. Then I left due to not feeling the necessary time/interest to keep going, I moved to the moderator team where I was for 8 months a mod, then transitioned to an Admin which I've also been for about 8 months, sensing a pattern here. I was always interested in the moderating side of the boards so thats the reason I chose to get involved with it. I would recommend to potential mods that they try and join a sub league first such as Mku/WL as my time on staff there really helped me see a new perspective of the boards and talk to the people who actually play the game.

I'm pretty much always browsing the boards in some regards so feel free to hmu if you need anything. My discord is Abaraik#8709 or just pm me on the boards. So think thats about it.

Edit* Forgot to say, I'm not @Markness :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  5. Ryan's

Ryan's 's Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Free agent soon
    Hey there,

I go by Ryan's although depending on who you ask they probably have their own variation. I am 18, from the United Kingdom and will be studying Psychology at University in the not too distant future. I am a very competitive person which often means trying to be the best I can be at practically everything which is actually very daunting and is not a mindset I would recommend for all aspects but perseverance is key.

I have been in the Mario kart community for 4 years now starting off playing in the latter stages of mario kart wii in 2013 but quickly losing interest in the game and started afresh on mk8. Using this mindest of keeping up with every single strategy and tech through time trials I that was found I wasn't actually so bad at the game and managed to play for some notable teams in notable tournaments. I occasionally play wiimmfi but I still don't enjoy the game too much but you might see me playing for MLG from time to time.

My main contributions on the boards centre around the Mario Kart 8 side but do not hesitate to contact me about other issues you may have!

Sayonara, enjoy your time on the boards.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    lina, My Angel Jeff, Savannah and 2 others like this.
  6. Stunky

Stunky Tom | Stunky Staff Member WL Staff

• Administrator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    νι | Valiant
    Wiimmfi FC:
    2237-2605-0050
    Hey there, my name's Tom, known more as Stunky online. I live in the United Kingdom. I've been playing within MKWii clans since launch when I was in a few clans with friends I knew in real life, but you may have seen me more predominantly since about 2012 where I signed up for IL after being told I was allowed to play for my team at the time (Wild Spirits). I've more recently been a caster, WL Manager, Tournament Organiser and more, helping give the community the service it deserves.

I don't play too many other games, but I do have a Steam account here if you want to add me.

If you need to contact me for any reason whatsoever, please feel free to either send me a message on site, or on Discord (Stunky#4913). I also have a Skype, tom.stunk, but I don't check it as frequently as my other methods of contact.

Thanks for reading my introduction! :3

lina, My Angel Jeff, KP♪ and 4 others like this.
  7. Dragmirejr

Dragmirejr Always keep an open mind! Staff Member MKU Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Hello everyone, my name is Dragmire jr. or Magnus if you prefer using IRL names. I live in Norway and am currently working as a cashier/shop assistant on a garden shop. Aside from that there isn't much about me in terms of IRL. Most of my spare time is used either playing games or being around/helping gaming communities (mainly Smash and Mario Kart). I am the oldest of 3 siblings and am living with one of my sisters in an appartment.

I started my Mario Kart "career" when I was 6. I got Mario Kart 64, and it was one of my fav 64 games. I later got MKDD and MKDS, but neither I did anything else than the usual casual gamer. However, when Mario Kart Wii arrived, I was an active TTer for 2-3 years. I was not great, but I was not far off ww top 10 on rYF. I was never much of an online player, but I remember that sometimes I got friend requests on MSN after playing online cause people wanted me on their teams :p

After my period as a standalone MKW TTer with no interactions at all with the general community, I picked up MK7 but I did not play it much. The physics bored me, so I moved on rather fast. My next big MK kick would be MK8, where I TTd since release and where I joined the community in July 2014 after straight up googling "mario kart forum". I played with CV for a month until they merged with Starstruck, then joined ARC where I still am today. MK8 has since then been a major part of my life, and something that is part of my daily routine. After some time in ARC I became one of the co leaders, and after being in the community for a while I wanted to do what I do with my interests, and that is to try and give something back. I joined Smash staff at first when that was a thing, then MKU staff as the competittive side of the game really appealed to me. Later I also joined Media Staff, WC Staff and TO staff. Nowadays I am one of three Admins for MKU staff, one of 5 council members in Media staff and now also a moderator on this great forum!

If you wanna keep in touch with me, feel free to hmu on Discord: Dragmirejr#2149 or on Twitter @Dragmirejr. I am on these two platforms for most of my awaken hours, so I will probably get back to you rather fast on those!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    lina, Sayan and Shamron like this.
  8. tylerr

tylerr WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Hello everyone! My name is Tylerr. or Tyler for short. c: I'm a 20 year old who loves just about anything, from gaming to Frisbee to social networking! My name on MKBoards, come alive, is based of the song linked in my signature, feel free to take a look!

My Mario Kart Wii adventure all started in 2011 when I got my hands on the disc for the first time. I mained Baby Luigi with the wheel, nowhere, to any extent, ready for online, competitive, any aspect of that, by any means. My beginnings in the community start with meeting a couple friends I know to this day in Star Clan, being a little more in the meta with how to play on a competitive level. That all began in about 2014, just before shutdown. I still play to this day, enjoying every single person I've met along the way, fulfilling my journey, and being fully open to meeting new individuals who enjoy the game as much as I do!

I work at a chemical plant where well, chemicals roam! Most of the stuff I mess with involve farming and the like, I usually mess with a gas used in the farming industry named Anhydrous, that's used for fertilizing and ensuring the crops last; usually filling it in about 2000 pound tanks. It's a very tedious, time consuming job, but works wonders on my work ethic, motivation, things like that c:

In my spare time, I work on mods for Mario Kart, usually textures, music, sometimes characters. I've done so since my beginning in this game, as it's always been a thing of mine to enhance and edit the game to my liking, ever since I found out how to do so. You can find my works on this outdated thread. I also enjoy PS1 and PS2 classics for my casual gaming. I'm the biggest Crash fan you'll ever meet, my entire video game career began with him. I preordered the new Crash Trilogy a few weeks ago and I'm so beyond stoked for it, I can't even begin to explain. :3

That's about it from me! If anyone would like to contact me or make a new friend, I'm only a message away on MKBoards and my discord is monster#3656.

Thank you for reading! <3

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    lina, Sketch, Zach627 and 4 others like this.
  9. Sketch

Sketch 03.26.15 ❤️ Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    ĐVP
    Yoyo,

My name is Sketch and I've been around the block since 2010 (wow 7 years goes by fast). Been in too many MKW clans and have only ever been in one MK8DX clan (Mp). I'm mostly involved in MK8DX, so if you have any questions or concerns in regards to this game then I'm your guy, along with all of my other lovely MK8DX moderators currently on the staff.

My main focus since becoming a moderator is welcoming new members and doing my best to guide them in the start of their career. I am currently working on a couple of projects which focus on making the community seem less intimidating to all new members who join, and I hope that soon my ideas and proposals will be implemented both on the boards and discord alike.

I love hearing from everyone in the community about how they think the boards can be a better place. I am very proactive, so if you would like to see an idea or project implemented just hit me up.

Keep staying awesome.

Sketch

Proud former member of:

§ - Swoopers
    GB - Golden Bullets
    [mm] - morning mashers

lina, Realm, tylerr and 3 others like this.
  10. Sane

Sane Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Untouchables
    Hey, I'm Sane and I am currently 17 years old. I am a senior in high school I mainly play mkw since I find that enjoyable and have put some good time into getting better. I started playing in 2013 but never really became 'known' until 2015. I have changed a lot since then and people on here have gotten to see me mature and become a bit more knowledgeable about what to do and what not to!

Generally I try not to do things for paid work because my school requires A LOT of community service hours (100 in total) so I have to do that or I don't graduate. The most fun way of doing this is by working the A/V at my Church because it involves tech and all that good stuff.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!

Sketch, lina, Rush and 2 others like this.
  11. Xandzr

Xandzr 読めない Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    so this post is long overdue but i'm pretty good at mario kart and i like talking to people so if you want to talk, whether it be casual, about mkboards or even for advice on how to get better in-game then feel free to message me and i'll reply whenever i'm not doing other things

yeah other than that i don't really leave the house so i'm objectively inferior to you and you shouldn't worry or be scared about talking to me if you want to

Lunar, lina, MasterMarkxat and 6 others like this.
  12. Typhoon

Typhoon 난 그냥 그렇게 살아 Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Battle Cry
    Hey, I'm Typhoon probably better known as Toby by most. I am currently the youngest MKBoards staff member at 15. I've been playing MKWii and MK7 since about 2012, but only joined the community in 2014. Apart from Mario Kart I also enjoy Pokémon and fanboying over K-Pop idols (Yes, I'm weird). I'm currently in my last year of secondary school (2nd year of high school for Americans) and enjoy humanitarian subjects such as History, Geography and Economics.

Although I've only been on the team since July, feel free to contact me for any questions related to the site or just to talk about anything.

Sketch, lina, tylerr and 4 others like this.
  13. ace

ace 0507 Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    VA
    hi im ace and ive been playing this game way too long and really should move on with my life but i've been captured in a clan i cannot leave and now i have to watch countdowns to wednesday frog memes and stare at deep fried pictures of my norwegian friends teachers send help

Hikaru, T`, Barney and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.