1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please check any posts made which include 'mariokartwii.com' within them, as the site is currently filled with malicious content. Any posts with the url will be hidden for user safety.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Savannah, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Rookie

Rookie Staff Member MKU Staff Media Staff

• Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    HD
    20 kills with Luigi in Cruel Bob-omb Blast

Jam1228, Marc, jl and 3 others like this.
  2. Banana

Banana

• Founding Member
    999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 to the 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999th power coins.

Boom likes this.
  3. Rhodechill2

Rhodechill2

Team:
    Formerly [iS] & Rated R★
    Thanks for the response. But why does it make you wanna commit lmao

Who posted that gamefaqs quote, someone from here?

& when will you get back to me?

IK my post was long but only like 5% of my questions got answered :( I spent 3 hours on that post.

what makes it significant enough to be in the mii costume, is it used a lot?

@Luigi_Fan2
    God I hope you can't switch to smart steering in TT's haha. Thanks for the reply. Why do you think holding a drift won't slow you down in MK8d? If you don't think that, what were you saying, then?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  4. Kyrn

Kyrn Radioactive

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    idk just a lot of dumb shit in this thread, obviously I was exaggerating tho

5. Rhodechill2

Rhodechill2

Team:
    Formerly [iS] & Rated R★
    didnt he just confirm it in the post above you?

6. Rhodechill2

Rhodechill2

Team:
    Formerly [iS] & Rated R★
  7. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg Staff Member MKU Staff Media Staff

• Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Main NNID:
    Flow_Teeples
    Saying tthedurggod? If so, people were saying mii names another user used a couple posts before and that was another name that user (Ridge) used. Was just expanding on off topic memes. If the question was something else I missed it and would be appreciated if you could ask it again.

Nato likes this.
  8. Jamie

Jamie You're Lousy

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Main NNID:
    Jamie2794
    Late to the discussion, but about whether or not slides will work; think about 200cc in the current game. I'd imagine the current physics we have for 200cc is how the physics for MK8D will work. In other words, you can still hop during boosts if you want, but you don't gain any speed but you also don't lose anything for the needless hopping, and sliding after boosts will also not conserve your momentum like they did in 150cc; you will still decelerate back to your kart's regular top speed the same as if you just drove straight. I'd also assume that you wont lose speed for sliding either so they'll likely still be used before turns to have better alignment and save some time.

Also, if it is the handling that affects the rate you charge MTs, we'll probably find that in TTs there will be more course specific combos which some people may find interesting.

Shaiman^^ likes this.
  9. MKWGamer09

MKWGamer09

I dunno if this has been mention yet, but it looks like they got rid of the 1st place crown on the mini map in racing. This may be a problem because now we won't know who's in 1st place at GCN Baby Park anymore. What are your thoughts about that?

10. Rhodechill2

Rhodechill2

Team:
    Formerly [iS] & Rated R★
    they added it to battle tho haha! physically not in map or maybe both

appreciated to help u? or apprecieted cuz u enjoy responding? ^_^

also, thedruggod* not durg

Teeples said: ↑
    *Inserts year long rant about how everyone needs to be spoonfed everything lately and needing to have everything and all information first and misses the old times where secrets and unlockables were actually a thing and not known before release*

Read that as spooned. And something else before that, but I forgot I agree in a way. But it's also a rehash and not a story driven game. I have more questions for you down below in my post. I try to avoid small spoilers like that.

^some kids never played @Teeples and /or forgot or too young

You should see some of the complaints / rants on the Facebook group. Shits hilarious.

Please list an example?

And what's this mean? "The shock isn't near as common (no position to that solely goes for it in mk8 which you can in mkwii and mk7)"

" I was looking really forward to trapping becoming a really common thing again."

*Plays trap music*

11. Elpis

Elpis Frags

Team:
    Fatal Aces
    Main NNID:
    ProtoxFox
    idk i think it got deleted since i can't find it anywhere anymore but it was pretty good to read

12. Dante

Dante

Team:
    Lol
    It won't be similar to MK7 because the tracks on MK7 are much more fit for the speed of that game. Not to mention it's much easier to get MTs in that game.

13. Rhodechill2

Rhodechill2

Team:
    Formerly [iS] & Rated R★
    you quoted the wrong post but its k ;)

14. Aran

Aran

Team:
    Hysteria
    Does anyone here own switches even? (Cwl)

15. Teeples

• Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Main NNID:
    Flow_Teeples
    That was just em expressing that I miss the old days where people had to work to unlock stuff and there were secrets in games. Nowadays, nothing feels secret or surprising because everyone datamines and tries to spoil everything to be the first one to get the knowledge. Also, how it's more common that everything is unlocked from the start and people just wanting everything ASAP. I just miss the days where secrets were secrets and stuff was sometimes difficult to unlock rather than given to you or hav1ing to pay for it.[/quote]

Main ones would be someone experiences someone that has very common lag (get hit on your screen but not theirs) than someone would post a gif of it on the Facebook group and say that people are hacking and that's why they can't win. The other really common one was someone would have a video clip where they either hit a wall or backspammed an item than proceeded to get redded and combo'd 3 times and they blamed luck when if they looked at their game pad or didn't fail, they would've realized the person behind them would hit them.

The shock is less common in MK8 and with a distance-based formula, there is no reliable way of getting the shock. In Mario Kart wii you can get it in either 9th or 10th (with 10th being more common) so teams have a role where someone goes for the shock (Bagger) whereas in MK8 there's no such role since shock can be gotten in multiple positions since it's based on distance and it's rarer to appear overall. MK7 I believe the shock is only attainable in last (8th), I may be wrong and you can in 7th as well. But again, it's position based so it's logical to have someone dedicated to staying in the back to get it.

Trapping = Backspamming. This is one of the things i'm looking the most forward to in MK8. With the single-item system (and reds being REALLY good at tracking) the meta evolved to playing more defensively rather than offensively which resulted in many more people holding their protection since if they pulled a coin and 2nd pulled a red it was pretty much over (this was starting to change a bit since it was discovered that you actually can break reds on walls, but it's hard to do and not many people are good at it yet). The hitstun of items in mk8 for common items (greens / banana's / reds) are also very punishing so people wanted to avoid that. Now since there's a two-item system, people will feel a lot safer to backspam (trap) an item back and still feel safe with protection which will make the item-usage element of the game more deep than in the orignial MK8.[/QUOTE]

Mirth and Dragmirejr like this.
  16. Shūichi

Shūichi Let's コロシアイ

• MKBoards Supporter
    Except karts were viable but had a high learning curve in MKW, inward bikes are flat out unviable in MK8

Lol

17. Teeples

• Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Main NNID:
    Flow_Teeples
    The best iD's users were viable in 8 just like how 3 karters were in Wii (no karter ever reached the top division(s) also). Could make the same argument.

Nato, Cloud and rubified like this.
  18. Sarantis

Sarantis

Main NNID:
    GoldLuigi88888
    How about we just stop arguing and just take a look at this awesome video of TEAM Bob-omb Blast!? :D

Also, Dry Bones' 1st place animation is THE BEST!!! It's so #awesome! The entire match had only Double Item Boxes, but I asume that's because the Items were set on Frantic Items (the item settings in Bob-omb Blast affects the frequency of the Double Item Boxes, rather than the frequency of the powerful items, since it has only Bob-ombs).

19. Sarantis

Sarantis

Main NNID:
    GoldLuigi88888

Double post, BUT SERIOUSLY! You can now set up the teams in friend rooms!

Teeples likes this.
  20. Zebe

Zebe O' Spirits!

• MKBoards Supporter
    Main NNID:
    ZebesU
    What's wrong with a little exchange of perspectives? There was no flaming, so...

Teeples likes this.
  21. Aran

Aran

Team:
    Hysteria
    Any of you guys have switches? If so i would like to add some of you guys for mkd.

22. Teeples

• Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Main NNID:
    Flow_Teeples
    SW-2469-5952-8199

23. Zebe

Zebe O' Spirits!

• MKBoards Supporter
    Main NNID:
    ZebesU
    Sure thing. SW-7297-6706-6200

I may have had similiar first 4 digits to the fc I had for mkw lol

24. Sergeant Guy

Sergeant Guy Banned ;_;

• Banned
    Team:
    not svc
    @Teeples I'm actually not convinced yet that double items will make backspams more likely, the threat of 2-3-4 reds held by a single person will be a thing, and without item spy to know what the fuck is about to end your career, I actually think it will encourage even more defensive play.

JoeHDG and Yui/Björn like this.
  25. Aran

Aran

Team:
    Hysteria
    Thanks bro! Ill add you later. Hopefully i wont lose to you too much in mkd.

@Zebe thanks as well!

See you guys on the track.

Zebe likes this.