1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Prizes Confirmed, Global Conditionals WILL be in Effect for Season 5, Season 5 Start Date, & More!

Discussion in 'Season 5' started by ~Maidvelia❤~, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Maidvelia❤~

~Maidvelia❤~ Embracing Logic Over Everything Else Since 2014

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    @K.P has confirmed that he is 100% giving out prizes and the staff and I really want to give this idea a shot.

Now obviously when physical prizes (click to go to K.P's thread with more information about his shoutcasting and prizes project) are on the line, the incentive to cheat will be higher. Because of this the staff have agreed that Global Conditionals will be in effect for Season 5 in order to lower the chance of potential cheating, so the prizes being given can be earned fairly.

So how is this system where everyone is on Conditionals going to work?

We have 2 approaches, depending on how the majority of players in the league load their game.

If the majority load through a game disc then our idea is to enroll as many people as possible in the Confirmed Conditionals Program before Season 5 commences. ISO Conditionals would still be allowed; it's just that if a majority of players use a disc then there won't be the need to monitor as many start-ups. Instead, a lot of enrollments will need to be done but the good news is it's a one-time thing. Once a player has been enrolled they're set not only for the entire season, but for as long as they are registered in the league (or how long Confirmed Conditionals stick around).

If the majority load through an ISO then one way to approach this situation is the staff will recruit people not currently playing in a match to watch startups and verify them to a staff member. Another idea is to have a staff member that isn't in a match, in various teams' war calls and a group screenshare would be done (that way the staff member can verify multiple start-ups at once). Confirmed Conditionals would still be used for those on disc; it's just we would have more start-ups to watch and less people to enroll.

You guys can discuss other solutions in this thread; we'll be very happy to take them into consideration if it means making the season smoother for all of you. :D

Since how we will approach this season is so heavily based on what people are able to load Mario Kart Wii through, I have made this thread and it has a poll: http://mkboards.com/forums/threads/important-are-you-able-to-use-a-game-disc.19383/

Go there and vote whether you will be able to use a game disc or not this season.

Now, with that out of the way. The time we are shooting for commencement of Season 5 is September 26th, 2015, so the registration deadline (the last moment to register new teams) will be September 19th, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. SEEDINGS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AFTER THE DEADLINE.

For EVERYONE planning to participate this season, you have until 11:59pm tonight (19th Sep) to prepare your teams and players for Season 5. With Global Conditional Participation in effect (look at top of thread), extra steps need to be taken this season to ensure you guys are able to play within league regulations.

So I have put together a Season 5 Preparation Checklist so (hopefully) everyone can start out on the right foot this season.

Season 5 Preparation Checklist

[Everyone]
    Register your team for CSL.

For team members: register for your team. | For team leaders: get your players registered for your team.

✔ Leaders: Confirm your team's participation in the league this season.

✔ If you are already registered for the league, transfer to your current team ASAP.

✔ Current players: Update any necessary friend codes if your save data has changed post-season.

Review the Conditional Procedure for Season 5.

Review the Ruleset for Season 5.

GET OPENHOST if you somehow do not have it already! I can't stress this enough; it makes everyone's lives so much easier!

✔ Decide what lineup your team is going to use for a majority of the season, as prizes will most likely be limited. In addition, keep in mind that prizes will only be given to those that have played at least half of the matches in the season.

[Disc Users]
    ✔ Enroll yourself in the Confirmed Conditionals Program. Go here to see how to enroll. Enrollment takes place in sessions with other people who are not enrolled so it will not just be by yourself like the example shows.​

✔ Enroll the rest of your team in the Confirmed Conditionals Program.

[ISO Users]
    ✔ Purchase any equipment necessary in order to stream start-up through Skype Call to a staff member.

✔ Brainstorm with your team members on the quickest and most effective way to get multiple start-ups verified at once for your team.
    I have also updated the league's introduction thread. It now contains most of the links I have posted here, as well as links to other important information. Be sure to check it out!

Alright that's everything, I hope we all have a wonderful season!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    Jacob, Teeples, KP♪ and 2 others like this.
  2. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Best thing to happen in MKWii in ages, great job on making this decision and hopefully it goes well.

3. Adachi

Adachi Top Tier Footdives

Team:
    Mediocrely Racing Solo
    Major props to @K.P for the prizes. Takes a real love of the game and the community to be willing to get that arranged.

Teeples likes this.
  4. Viraith

Viraith WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Proud of you guys... keep kicking ass. Make this last season for me a good one. <3

~Maidvelia❤~ likes this.
  5. Jooksy

Jooksy

More mkwii for me i guess... ;3

6. SMASH

SMASH

• Founding Member
    I'd rather play in LANs

7. ~Maidvelia❤~

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    Can you elaborate?

8. SMASH

SMASH

• Founding Member
    It was joke. I was basically playing at the fact that it would be a lot simpler to do LAN's (even though we can't) than all this conditional work.

9. ~Maidvelia❤~

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    With Confirmed Conditionals the amount of work is significantly less.

10. Jeff

Jeff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    matches will take so long now and waste so much time :brb:

11. ~Maidvelia❤~

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102

12. Jacob

Jacob

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    0592-0584-8803
    Great thing to happen even though I don't play MKW, hope this goes well :)

13. Jeff

Jeff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Confirmed Conditionals?You mean white line?

oh god, hello spots getting lagged every race and people editing their item boxes to get certain items

14. ~Maidvelia❤~

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    Because IL and WCL totally had something in place to stop anything that wasn't GCTs.

And yeah let's totally require startup for every single person because some people are paranoid of SZS edits (that will be blatantly obvious to see), of which haven't been a problem since like 4 years ago. As if that will be any more time efficient... got it.

Also if white line lag is as bad as you say (which I know it isn't but I'll humor you), we have point correction for lagged spots anyway.

15. Jeff

Jeff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    why do i even try to discuss :happy:

16. Tamz

Tamz Keksimus Maximus

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Rosαlinα
    You can never win with KD :thumbsdown:

~Maidvelia❤~ and Jeff like this.
  17. Tyler

Tyler

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    NY
    back to mario maker

Jeff likes this.
  18. ~Maidvelia❤~

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    Okay before this thread turns into shitposts, I'll stop that by bringing up something pretty important. With a lot of people going the Confirmed Conditionals route I thought this was pretty relevant.

If you use a disc and are prone to data corruption with CTGP with CTs turned ON, there is now a solution for it made by @Torran! Go to this thread: http://mkboards.com/forums/threads/...orruption-prevention-information-guide.10300/ for more information.

To sum it up, the program is called VR is Silly and does the work of an Ultimate License Unlocker and VR/BR Modifiers. It also has the ability to fix profiles that get "corrupted" with CTs on.

I updated the checklist with this information as well. Enjoy.

19. ~Maidvelia❤~

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    Apolo, c and Flare/Devil like this.
  20. Eetu

Eetu

• MKBoards Supporter