1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule Changes, Reminders, and what to look forward to in 2018.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stunky, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Nizer

Nizer Defiant Hero

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    WEC
    So some mkw kids screwed up last WC and now more mkw kids are bitching that WC shouldn't be a thing? Am I getting that right?

How exactly is that issue relevant to the question whether a MKWC should happen or not though?

I haven't seen many complaints from the MK8D community other than that there were not enough reliable stream hosts. Kill MKW and do MK8D only if necessary. Might teach some people that they're not as important as they think they are too and you'll have less trouble as the organisers. Win-win situation.

Tzuzu, ╬╗suna, Espurr_72 and 7 others like this.
  2. OverlordJC

OverlordJC

Team:
    None yet
    Switch FC:
    SW-2097-9901-4122
    Personally I'd love to see at least a MK8DX World Cup return. I have a few comments about stream presentation as well:

I've watched a few of the previous WC tournaments on twitch and while I feel like there's no problem with the commentary (seriously it's enjoyable), I feel like the stream is pretty limited in how much of the action is actually visible. What we can see is enjoyable, but it does suck that you end up missing out on what the other players are doing at any given time. Most of that is Nintendo's fault for not providing a proper spectator mode (even Splatoon only got one recently and that's an e-sports focused game supposedly)

Visually I like the layout of the streams. I think they look professional and clean and the graphics/logos used look nice.
    Sound is also decent. I think allowing some of the game audio come through would help with immersion. Many fighting game and MOBA e-sports
    streams do this as well. They just balance the levels so that it doesn't overshadow the commentary.

As a few suggestions for spectating:

1. Would it be possible to arrange for the broadcasters to stream from the view of one (or more) of the competitors AND
    to have someone purposely wait until after each match begins so they can join the match only as a spectator? With this approach you would have a way to switch between every player in the match and get a look at what's happening. Also by tapping X as a spectator you can watch them from the player's perspective. All that would be missing is to be able to switch to specific players, but it'd be better than not seeing it at all.

2. A far more involved method could be for as many players as possible to actually stream their gameplay so that you could actually switch between each team member specifically. This one seems as though it would be the most difficult to set up, but I imagine it would be worth it to have that kind of control over spectating and commentating the matches.

As far as calculating the score during matches. Having someone purely dedicated to calculating that score behind the scenes and passing it along to the commentators would make it easier for them to stay focused purely on the matches.

These are just a few things that come to mind, but either way, I guess you could count me as one of those people that want to see the WC return by Popular Demand LOL. It's apart of what brought me here.

Cheers!

Dragmirejr and Rookie like this.