1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please check any posts made which include 'mariokartwii.com' within them, as the site is currently filled with malicious content. Any posts with the url will be hidden for user safety.
    Dismiss Notice

Caster Simon

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Simon., Apr 8, 2017.

1. Simon.

Simon. Staff Member Tutor Staff

• Tutor Staff
    Team:
    Alliance 15
    Past Experience: Casted a bit with Eirik back when he hosted the World Cup a couple years ago. Obviously I was 14, so less knowledgeable about the game and also with a much worse mic than I have now. Nevertheless, the feedback I received from basically everyone in the chat was honestly very positive.

Speedtest:

Discord: Simon#9421

I want to join the casting team for next season, because what I'm seeing at the moment is really frustrating me. The casting team is yet another category where Stunky is too heavily relied upon; as brilliant as he is at absolutely everything he does, casting is surely less of a priority to him than some of the other extremely important titles he has, and therefore I find it somewhat easy to see why something like this gets neglected. I don't blame him for it in the slightest, quite the opposite - other people should be stepping up to the plate so that he doesn't have to do all the work, and that is what I am here to do. I am knowledgeable about the game as a D2 standard racer, and will be non-stop onliine, as always, once my exams are over (which should be about Week 3 of Season 10). This is important for me to stress, as I want to make my point clear: the season always starts of brilliantly for the casting team, with loads of matches being casted and lots of people tuning in. However I don't think it can be denied that this motivation quickly fades from the entire team - has there been a cast this season since about Week 3 or something? I would like to provide the motivation to consistently cast that is currently lacking from the team. Whilst I previously refrained from applying due to my mic being poor, I have now gotten a better mic which means that I have the facilities available to me to actually put in a decent cast.

Really excited about the prospect of working on this team, were I to be accepted. I honestly think it has a lot of promise and will make the upcoming season a lot more entertaining, however it is currently relying on people who have lots of responsibilities elsewhere, and therefore I would like to help take some of the weight of those peoples' shoulders.

Thanks for reading. :shame:

Owen, Hoesay, Shamron and 6 others like this.
  2. Tony Davidson

Tony Davidson

i dont want u casting because it makes us lose

Apolo, Enzo, xSpade24 and 8 others like this.
  3. ace.

ace. The best thing to ever happen to this website.

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Vitality
    stooooooooooonky

xSpade24 and Dartanian like this.
  4. Dartanian

Dartanian All About You & I

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Moonblast
    GBA Bowser's Ferrrrstunggggky 3

xSpade24 likes this.
  5. SkinsNation

SkinsNation

Team:
    cmon bruh
    Sorry, but officialmkwcast is not recruiting anymore casters.

Enzo, srb003, Taz_ and 5 others like this.
  6. ~Maidvelia❤~

~Maidvelia❤~ Fairy Maid Kiragirl♂ ~ Staff Member Media Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    U★ | [CV] | HD☆
    Main NNID:
    KingDecimator
    The problem is Stream Hosts and GFX Artists (they make the layouts so the Stream Hosts can... host), and Stunky has been the only active Stream Host for a long time. In addition to that, not everyone has received the appropriate GFX needed to host casts.

Can't have a cast without someone to host it.

I like the motivation and drive to help the team you are displaying (we need more of that on this site), but you're not acknowledging the main bottlenecks to our productivity.

If you are able to be a Stream Host in addition to a Caster, then there would be a lot more you could do for the team.