1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please check any posts made which include 'mariokartwii.com' within them, as the site is currently filled with malicious content. Any posts with the url will be hidden for user safety.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Vegas

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Teeples, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg Staff Member MKU Staff Media Staff

• Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Main NNID:
    Flow_Teeples
    Okay, so I've gotten recordings to work perfectly on OBS and I use that w/ an elgato to record. My videos look fresh af when I open them after, however when I import them to sony vegas they turn all blotchy and green.

Anyone know how to solve this?

2. Tyler

Tyler Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    NY
    what file type is it? i used to have problems importing mp4s but i forget how i fixed it. if its an mp4 you could look into a fix for that because it might be the problem

3. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg Staff Member MKU Staff Media Staff

• Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Main NNID:
    Flow_Teeples
    It is indeed an .MP4. Would you suggest another file type?

4. Ash

Ash Staff Member WL Staff Media Staff

• WL Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Moonblast
    I also had issues with importing MP4 files but I reinstalled vegas and got rid of a plug-in and it works fine now. Perhaps you should try the same once youve tried everything else.

Defo try changing to a different file type but idk what to recommend

Enzo, Marc and Teeples like this.
  5. Tyler

Tyler Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    NY
    mp4 is the best file type, i'd recommend trying to fix the problem with mp4 first rather than using a different file type. its a really common issue so there should be a lot of youtube videos with fixes so i'd say try those and see if any of them work for you.

6. Dinostraw

Dinostraw

Team:
    Main NNID:
    Dinostraw
    If the clip plays fine elsewhere but isn't being loaded into Vegas properly, this is something I always did when MP4 files had a playback error in Vegas:

Right-click the video strip in the timeline and click "Properties."
    Click on the "General" tab and scroll down to the Plug-in info. It will show you the plugin, (usually compoundplug.dll), currently being used as well as the file location.
    Copy the file location of the plugin and open the location in Files Explorer.
    At this point close out Sony Vegas.
    Then, rename the folder the plug-in is in, (the original folder name is compoundplug for compoundplug.dll), not the plug-in itself. Change it to something like "compoundplugg" or whatever. I dunno what renaming the plug-in itself does, nor do I know what deleting the folder entirely does either.

When you re-launch Sony Vegas, pull the video back into the timeline and it should work fine. Playback might be slower, but there should be no errors nor green burn-ins. What this does is it makes Sony Vegas unable to find the file location of the plug-in compoundplug.dll, (or whichever initial plug-in being used to load up MP4's), so Vegas is forced to default to another plug-in to load up MP4 files in the timeline. What's nice is that you can always undo the renaming of the folder later if you ever want to.

This problem has happened to me a lot of times with many of my recordings in the past, and this always solved the issue for me. However, if that doesn't work, a secondary option is to just re-render it through Windows Movie Maker because that shit can playback like anything unless the file is legitimately corrupted.

Teeples likes this.
  7. Enzo

Enzo Anxiety issues

• MKBoards Supporter
    This guy knows his Shit

Dinostraw likes this.
  8. SkinsNation

SkinsNation

Team:
    cmon bruh
    how long does it take to render vids. It takes me way to long to render a one hour video on sony vegas but my computer is only an i3. Anyway i could speed up the rendering

9. Dinostraw

Dinostraw

Team:
    Main NNID:
    Dinostraw
    Sony Vegas can be a very CPU intensive program, but even still this is really quite variable, as it depends on a lot of factors, including the amount of RAM allocated, your CPU, your project settings, your rendering settings (bit rate, frame rate, quality, etc), video length, the file type rendering, how many tracks are being used in the timeline, the amount of video and audio effects you have in the project, the amount of video and audio clips in the timeline, and the list goes on.

For something like this:
    This took several hours to render, as it utilized a lot of video tracks and some effects that helped amass such a large rendering time, yet the video was only 95 seconds in length.

Also, some video awhile back took 75 minutes to render for me, and it was only 16 seconds long with a minor effect added. In this case for me it was the file itself, as it had some troubles working with while editing. Sometimes the codec in the video makes the rendering process much longer, even if videos of the same file type normally don't take as long, and other times some simple-sounding effect can have a huge influence on rendering times, like drop shadows. In addition, the different plug-ins used to playback video into the program itself could also potentially alter rendering times, but I'm not too sure on that one.

Try altering settings, limiting the amount of effects and the amount of videos in the timeline, as well as video size if possible. For projects that are 17 audio and video tracks big (like above), expect a much longer rendering time, though if you're taking ages rendering a 16 second minimally edited video every single time, then it's probably time to look into upgrading your specs.

10. Hoesay

Hoesay you deadass my nigga Staff Member Media Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    Debilitate
    Main NNID:
    Hoesay
    I render using x264vfw encoder and rendering times is really how long the video is. For example, if my video is 30 mins long, it'll take about ~35 mins to render,

Ash likes this.