1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Starstruck

Discussion in 'MK8 Retirement Home' started by Sunny, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunny

Sunny

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Starstruck

Sunny

Rom
    Saik
    Sphinx

Agosta
    Ben
    Calico
    Colin
    Dunx
    Insane
    Jax
    Jelle
    Luso
    Moltrinx
    Sphere

Vantox

If you're interested in joining, contact jonas.rom or robinbruin on skype. Trials will be given based on past expierences, vouches from players in this team and performance in worldwides and clan wars.

Inactive Members
    Azure
    Bertie
    Doyy
    Kelso
    Leet
    Leroy
    Norway
    Riku
    rusoX
    Sousui
    Storm
    Tax
    Timothy

Sagar
    Sagar

Serxiow likes this.
  2. Sunny

Sunny

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Starstruck
    Azure - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: DoYouEvenLiftBae
    Ben - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: Bioshocke

Bertie - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: TheRealJester
    Dunx
    - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: Dunx724
    Insane - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: ZJ_Insanity
    Jelle - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: Jellykun
    Kelso - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: Jaykelso
    Leet - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: LatinDarkrai
    Leroy - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: LeroyVanDenEngel
    Moltrinx - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: CaseyU

Norway
    - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: NorwayTM
    Riku - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: SweeetPR
    Rom
    - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: Romothy
    Sagar - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: SagarG
    Saik - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: Saik4926

Snowboar
    - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: SnowBoar
    Sousui - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: sousui37
    Sphinx
    - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: DesertLynx
    Storm
    - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: Silverstorms
    Sunny - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: Sunny724
    Tax - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: fivepercenttax
    Tim
    - YouTube - Twitch - NNID: TimothyJS

Starstruck was originally created in 2011 as a result of many members leaving the clan Revolution. We didn't have the greatest reputation because me and Sphinx quit the game and left many questions unanswered.
    Please read the post below if you want to know who I am and what my influence on the community was.

Wrote this on 05/05/2014. Warning: EXTREMELY LONG POST.

Most people already knew it was happening, but we're officially back.
    Since I heard some people talk about (MKWii)Starstruck in a bad way, I felt like I had to clear some things up.
    Also there's apparantly a lot of mystery and questions around me and a few others, I will try to shed some light on this from my own perspective.

First of all, Matty, Astro and KillaDan. To my knowledge, they were the only people in Starstruck that hacked. I was very suspicious of them after a few wars, but I started playing different games (that eventually made me quit MKWii) so I was kind of indifferent about what would happen to them or the clan and I didn't bother correcting the mistake I made by recruiting them. Obviously having this mindset made me a terrible leader and I do not intend to make the same mistake again.

Killa was also in Revolution and I considered him a good friend. I have no idea why he started hacking, he din't seem like the kind of person who would resort to cheats because it barely looked like he cared about winning or losing at all. I'm sad just thinking about it because I would have definitely asked him to join us for MK8 as he was a great person to be around.

As for Matty and Astro, I also thought they were nice people and always had a great laugh with them. I will take the blame for having Killa in Starstruck because he was in a clan with me for a much longer time, but Matty and Astro were in many different clans for a way longer time so I don't understand why Starstruck gets the blame for their asshole behaviour.

Next up is ruso. I'm not exactly sure what the story is, but I think he admitted to hacking once. I found out about this after I "quit" MKWii so I don't exactly know what the details were. What I do remember is that when I recruited him to Rv, I knew he was suspicious but I never actually thought he hacked because of his amazing time trials, knowledge of the game and adaptability. With this in mind I gave him and Rv and ultimatum. rusoX gets a chance to trial and he records every war/setup he plays in or he can find a different clan to join.
    He agreed to the trial and he turned out to be a great friend of mine to this day and I have no regrets about my decission. I'm 100% sure he never used any kind of cheats while playing for Rv or Starstruck. I'm happy to have him in MK8 Starstruck and hope you don't ever get a new mic because there's something so charming about your robot voice.

My closest friend, who isn't nearly as well known as all other names, is Scotty/Boar. His case just shows how clueless people in this community are. He used a NTSC/50hz glitch that made his whole game lag, including the timer. So when people would finish a race at 2 minutes, his timer would be at 1 minute. By the time the 30 second rule came in effect, his timer was at 1:20 and the race ended, meaning he got first place. He found out about this by mistake and joined a war with the glitch, meaning he got first every race when it looked like he was in dead last.

To this day, people think he hacked and cheated his way to victory in wars. No offense, but he wasn't really that good at this game, except for the first 6 months. He's the most honorable person I know and there's nobody in this community and even my own friend group I trust more than him. We met for the first time at an online event almost 6 years ago and right now I'm on the other side of Holland, attending the same school as him and calling him my roommate.

Many people from this community indirectly influenced my life, but he's the only one who directly changed my life completely, all thanks to this stupid but wonderful game.

Last of all, there's me. All I can really do is give you my word and explain the event that gave me a big name in this community.

I have no idea who started the rumor about me getting a golden shroom in 3rd on Bowser's Castle. I got triple shrooms in 4th in a 9 man room and used it to pass the person who was recording, which probably upset him. As far as I know that's the only time I was involved in a HACKING SCANDAL, so that's all I can really say about it.

Anyway. That was a pretty negative way to revive a clan, so I'll try to give some sugar with all that spice by telling you all about my unexpected journey through the magical world of Mario Kart Wii.

I started playing competitively in September 2008, when I met Rom, Dunx, Scotty and a few others. Dunx and Scotty are the only people I met before I joined Rv that I still talk to on a daily basis and they are the reason MKWii was very much worth my while. They aren't the only ones of course, I met a lot of people along my way, but Dunx and somebody else I'm sure you all know who are the only 2 I'd do anything for to keep their friendship.

Everything that happened up until I joined Rv is kind of irrelevant because all the people I cared about eventually joined aswell. So this is where I really got to meet the one true god of MKWii, also known as Bashem. God damn, I looked up to him so much. In my opinion he was the best leader you could ask for, only person coming even a little close to that being Eric, but he didn't go to such extreme lengths to make this community better. Bash actually believed in people and trusted them, which is the sole reason this game lasted for many more years and actually hit it's competitive prime 3 years after release. Eventually, caring too much about the community and Revolution was his downfall, which for some reason made me respect him even more. But this is where I stepped in. Bash still managed WCL and was the official leader of Rv, just not of the part of Rv that I started to control.

Before I continue with that, there was one major event that changed everything about how I felt and treated the game. Sphinx joined Revolution. If I never met any of my childhood friends he'd probably be my best friend today and even though at some part we both went our different ways, we somehow keep coming back to each other, finding different ways to stay in contact and play games together despite the massive distance between us (ping sucks) and.. yeah.. here we are again.
    I feel comfortable around people I like pretty fast, but nothing compares to my friendship with Sphinx and Dunx. So.. if you're looking to start a friendship with me just call yourself any name that ends with an X. Having boobs also helps.

Back to Revolution, when I think back about my time in Rv before Sphinx joined everything felt extremely casual. I was like 16 years old, but everyone else was around 20, they just played the game for fun without actively trying to get better. I wasn't aware the situation was like that because I hate losing, I still do, if I knew it was like that before I joined I probably wouldn't even be here. For some reason I became pretty good friends with Bertie and we started to get along even more when I started playing League of Legends, but I don't think anyone is really interested in my league career.

A few months after I joined, Bash randomly messaged me and told me this. I remember his exact words. "Out of all the new recruits, you're my favorite!". I have no idea if he told everyone who joined the exact same thing, but it did something to me. I was always interested in joining other clans to see what it would be like (I think they call that the Norway-effect), but after that I never had any of these thoughts ever again. My commitment was set in stone, I would do everything it took to get Rv to the top.

There's one other person I met during this time who played no role in determining the path I took for MKWii, I owe it to him to mention him because I still talk to him daily. Most people probably won't even know where he came from, who he was or why he is here. I do though. Apparantly he made quite a name for himself during the last few months of MKWii's lifespan. Doyy, you might be a stranger to everyone, you might be a terrible friend sometimes, but I would never want to lose contact with you. Especially now you're getting older and a liiiiitle more mature.
    I hope reading this doyys you good. Sorry.

I'm trying really hard to remember all the events from after Sphinx joined, but I can't recall anything until the point Dark, Sagar and Troy joined. All I remember was that our best line-up was Sphinx, Tim, Kelso, Dunx and Me (i think). We also beat Evul twice, after losing to them 10 times. For some reason we were still extremely proud.

Even though everything was still stupidly casual, I knew we were getting closer and closer to the top (The top being iS and Evul). With all the people that recently joined we were starting to stand a serious chance in wars. But we were still missing something. I didn't know what until everything started to fall in place for me when Bash' activity was declining. Although I had awesome times with people from "Rv2" like Bash, Slongwill, Bertie, etc. I knew I had to take my chance to make Rv skyrocket to the top. I'll admit I am a complete asshole for thinking about it this way and using people solely to create a superteam, which didn't actually happen until a year later.

I was like 17 years old, took this game way too serious, school was too easy for me so all I did when I came home was look for wars and play worldwides. Fuck, that's sad to admit, but yeah that was pretty much my life. My situation at home wasn't great because my dad is a fucking scumbag, but Ill stop there before things get too real.
    So yeah, MKWii was my life with a few other games on the side. It wasn't actually that bad, I still had friends I hung out with. I lived in a small town resulting in me always having to travel miles to visit them, so back to MKWii it was.

Anyway, in early 2010 Rv found something mythical. Something so diabolic and fascinating, it made us win wars like there was no tomorrow. See, everyone knew how powerful the shock was and how good usage could turn a race around, literally. Most people would just stumble across the shock in last place by pure, stupid luck. They didn' t want to be in last, last place is for losers! But hey, I'm a good teammate, we use skype, just tell me when to use it guys. I think Unity came up with the idea, but we perfected it. In Rv, there was one person who actually enjoyed helping the team. A true support. Dark stepped up and offered to be the so called sandbagger for team Rv. He was very, very good at it, he knew all the strategies and even came up with some cheesy strats himself. (Losing a star in last place so if we were first we could pick it up, and if we were lucky we'd have the shock by then too..)
    This is how we pretty much started winning all wars, demanding other teams to adapt. Especially iS and kc got pretty good at it too, making us the top 3 teams from that time.

The love-hate relation I had with iS was surreal. I was young so I didn't know how to control my emotions, still better than 90% of the people in this community though. Anyway, I hated Coolguys guts for this reason. Deep inside I knew he was just really good at the game and definitely not a hacker, which annoyed me because I knew I had to put up with him. On the other hand, I had a lot respect for the way he played the game and led his team, but he also made all the good people join his clan instead of mine :mad: Happy to say we got to know each other better and I hope to see him return for MK8 with Jax, Umbre, Hiba and Kimi.

Revolution was showing more and more results and Bash pretty much completely disappeared. I missed him dearly, but this made things very easy for me. In Revolution, everyone on the Rv1 side started seeing me as leader. Most people from Rv2 didn't, but I won't be saying too much about the other (still pure) side of Rv.
    Bash having the official title of Leader allowed me to get away with a lot of things. I bent the rules, got wins for wars we didn't deserve to win and recruited whoever I wanted. I'm not holding anything back because I know I was an asshole to most people when I still played and this is probably why I had the reputation of a hacker to the people who didn't know me. It's easier to accuse someone of being a cheat, since you apparantly didn't need any proof whatsoever and it didn't have any consequences.

Good players attract more good players, we had won WCL 3 times in a row so we also showed the results. In the span of 1 or 2 months, Nas, Jaws and rusoX joined Rv. This is the moment I had been waiting for, we were finally the undispusted best MKWii clan in the world. Our best and undefeated line-up was Dark, Sunny, Sphinx, Jaws and rusoX. People knew how serious and dangerous we were the first time we played with that team vs All Stars and beat them by 150 or something. Our team had everything we needed to guarantee succes and everyone had a different role in races.
    Dark: [Sandbagger] Getting the shock, giving us information about the Bullet Bill and Lightning. Providing us with stars or shrooms when we were in first by losing them to obstacles.
    Sunny: [Back Item Control] I was able to frontrun if I had to, but I left that to the people who actually had good lines and were amazing at time trials. I was always somewhere between 8th and 4th, which is the reason I dodged the most out of anyone on the team. I gave information about items in play, who was potentially holding what item, what items were available and I was the shotcaller for everything on the field.
    Sphinx: [Front Item Control] Sphinx excelled at being anywhere between 1st and 5th. If he was in 4th and got triple greens, he would snipe 3rd, 2nd and 1st place one by one. Or a bomb and hit them all at once. It didn't matter, it never ceased to amaze me how he managed to raise in positions. His lines weren't the best, but he knew exactly how to play to avoid any harm being done to him. When he was in 1st he could backwards snipe everyone behind him. I talked the most in calls, but he was a close 2nd and Dark a very close 3rd.
    rusoX: [Frontrunner] Some people think this is the only way to play, but the reason rusoX scored so high was because we controlled all the items for him and Jaws. Their lines were fantastic and we never had to worry about anything if either of them was in 1st because their lead would only increase. rusoX played Daisy on the Mach Bike, which gave us the much needed flexibility in certain situation or tracks. Every small advantage counts.
    Jaws: [Frontrunner] Just like rusoX, except he used Funky which made him slightly faster on most tracks. Jaws was in my opinion one of the best MKWii players around, just like everyone else in this lineup, but he truely excelled at everything. This was the role we gave him without even telling him, everything just fell in it's place and it worked out perfectly. He was always calm on skype (contrary to popular belief) and never let emotion get in the way during the race. Strangely enough, Jaws was the one who kept the calm in our team. No joke.
    Everyone was able to take over each others roles and work with it, but these are the roles everyone excelled at.

The success got to my head and I wrongly started thinking Rv2 was holding us back. The pure side of Rv, the people that truly played the game for fun and I took it away from them by striving to be the best. They were the reason I made it into Rv and I took advantage of them. When Bash came back he told me "Thanks for taking care of Rv while I was gone". All I want to do right now is apologize to him, because I kept Rv alive but not for the right reasons. Revolution was his creation, not mine. I was not a good leader, I realize my mistakes and I won't make them twice. I thought about it and left Rv after talking to the people I was closest with. I was intending to retire (Didn't tell anyone because I hated the attention whores who broke their disc, etc) but to my surprise almost everyone wanted to follow me and help me with whatever I decided to do.

I still loved playing the game despite it's shortcomings, so I decided to create Starstruck with Sphinx. I knew I was the unofficial leader of Rv so I thought to myself I'd just do the same thing again. This is when it started to become clear Rv2 was what kept everything in balance.
    I invited anyone to join the team if they were good and not a complete dickhead. We were better than ever and everything seemed to go great. Hiba, Linkin, Joe, Nas, Troy, Sagar, Visto, Doyy, Nick, Jack, Evoker are some of the people I haven't mentioned who joined and made the clan and my experience that much more amazing.

But all good things have to come to an end.
    The awful thing about MKWii is that when you're considered good, you're also considered cheaters by the majority. This was my clan, my reputation, I got this far. Everything said about Starstruck or any of the members made me feel like it was directed at me and it made me feel terrible. I didn't know how to deal with the pressure of being the leader of a clan that's supposed to be the best around. I was too involved in everything. Maybe Bash knew this was happening to Rv too, the reason he started showing his face less and less. I'm making myself sound pretty pathetic here, but I know most people involved in the competitive scene felt the same way. I kept everything to myself though because I still tried to be a good leader, but I started drifting away from the game for the reasons mentioned above. I think Sphinx felt the same way, because we both started playing League at the same time and got equally hooked to it. Starstruck was slowly dying because the 2 leaders were indifferent about everything that happened, until we officially decided to pull the plug and quit the game. No big announcement, nobody was going to miss us anyway. Or so we thought. Because once again, the people that actually cared started playing League with us. This is also where I met KT Killer and Neko, who I consider to be great friends now. Neko is one of the nicest people I have ever met and he's not trying to be, which is pretty special I think. Don't ever change pls.

The people that decided to stay together are now on the Starstruck roster. All of us have been through a lot together and during our absence I think we all realized we play just to be with each other, winning is secondary. Cheesy as fuck. This is the game that brought us together so we're all very excited to play again in a new setting and we're obviously looking to expand our group of friends.

I'm really not the type of person who would write a massive wall of text like this, but for some reason I enjoyed it. Probably because I have a god complex and I think everything revolves around me. Also I felt like I owe it to all of you who made this community what it is. The years I spent playing this game were amazing and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I apologize if I offended anyone. Thank you for reading, it's been real. Sunny out.

League of Legends
    Sunny - Not Sunny (Diamond 1 EUW)
    Sphinx - Sphinx (Diamond 1 NA)
    Azure - Azure Clouds (Ex-Challenger EUW)
    Doyy - Specsy (Diamond 1 EUW)
    Dunx - Doubledunk (Diamond 3 EUW)
    Rom - Not Rom (Platinum 5 EUW)
    Snowboar - Snowboar (Gold 4 EUW)
    Bertie - TheRealJester (Platinum 1 EUW)
    Norway - Shixian (Silver 5 NA)
    Storm -
    rusoX -

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Dogma, Shalnark, Mahdi and 22 others like this.
  3. Moltrinx

Moltrinx Banned ;_;

• Founding Member
    • Banned

Ranked Matches: 13-0-4

vs Asteroid: 1-0
    vs Alliance Rainbow: 2-0
    vs 9 tentacle surprise: 2-0
    vs Imperious: 0-2
    vs Infected with Skill: 1-0
    vs Kachi Gunjin: 1-0
    vs Koopa Clan: 1-0
    vs Mushroom Road: 0-1
    vs NFerno: 1-0
    vs Victory Road: 1-0
    vs Wii Elite Clan: 2-1
    vs Wii Kings: 1-0

War Record: 156-2-64

vs 9 Tentacle Surprise: 4-2
    vs Airstrikers: 3-0
    vs Alliance Rainbow: 2-4
    vs Apocalypsmash Renaissance: 1-0
    vs Arcade Legacy: 1-0
    vs Asteroid: 2-0
    vs Aus Chanps: 1-0
    vs Avail: 1-0
    vs Ballin Brigade: 5-0
    vs Battle Alliance: 2-0
    vs Black and White: 10-0
    vs Bullet Bill: 1-1
    vs Canada: 1-0
    vs Confuzzled Fusion: 1-0
    vs Champi Brothers: 7-1-5
    vs Charged Brigade: 1-0
    vs Dash Team: 4-0
    vs Domination Unleashed: 1-0
    vs Dynamite: 1-0
    vs Elegance: 2-0
    vs Eternal Enlightenment: 0-1
    vs Extreme Team: 1-0
    vs Fatal Aces: 8-6
    vs Feel Enjoy: 2-0
    vs Fiery Hounds: 1-0
    vs Frozen Force: 3-1
    vs Gaming Elite Team: 3-0
    vs Germany: 0-1
    vs German Shooter Clan: 2-0
    vs Gotei XIII: 2-1
    vs Gravity Team: 2-0
    vs High Definition: 2-0
    vs Illuminati: 2-0
    vs Imperious: 4-12
    vs Infected With Skill: 8-9
    vs inVictus: 2-0
    vs Homos: 1-0
    vs Kachi Gunjin: 1-0
    vs Killer Apps: 1-0
    vs Kira Team 1-0
    vs Koopa Clan: 4-4
    vs Marco's Pizza: 1-3
    vs Mexico: 1-0
    vs Midnight Wasps: 2-0
    vs Muse: 1-0
    vs Mushroom Road: 2-2
    vs Next Gen Gaming: 1-0
    vs NFerno: 3-1
    vs Nintendo 5 Star: 3-0
    vs No Surrender: 6-0
    vs Omega: 2-0
    vs Oracles: 5-0
    vs Samo: 1-0
    vs Slay's Balls: 1-0
    vs Spain: 1-0
    vs Starnotes: 1-0
    vs Team en mousse: 2-0
    vs Team Kachi Gunjin: 1-0
    vs Team Slurpee: 1-0
    vs Team Triple Thundercloud: 1-1
    vs Terminators: 5-2
    vs Ultimate Perfection: 0-1
    vs Victory Road: 2-0
    vs Vry: 1-1
    vs Water Army: 2-0
    vs Wii Elite Clan: 7-5
    vs Wii Kings: 1-0
    vs Zephyr: 0-1

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Jack. likes this.
  4. Sunny

Sunny

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Starstruck
    Tournament Teams
    Starstruck 1
    Saik

Starstruck 2
    Sunny

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Shök, Usashi and Noah like this.
  5. David

David Guest

interesting

6. Saya

Saya Cute Girl

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    SX
    I read all of it, really touching and informative post. The only player I have experience with dealing with on that list is rusoX, and he certainly is an incredible player, and a nice guy (when he wants to be). I can't wait to see what becomes of this.

Good luck to you all in MK8.

Shalnark and Sunny like this.
  7. Sphinx

Sphinx

• Founding Member
    Thanks.

8. Sousui

Sousui Guest

first page

9. Saik

Saik

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Big Baller Brand
    whERES JORDAN GOTTLIEB??

best of luck though.

10. Maru

Maru Zura

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Dis gon be good

11. Sphinx

Sphinx

• Founding Member
    Having a life. ;_;

12. Umbre

Umbre

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Of course, babe :*

Sunny likes this.
  13. Saik

Saik

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Big Baller Brand
    ily umbre

14. Linkin

Linkin

• Founding Member
    Looking forward to playing again with some of you guys.

15. Umbre

Umbre

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    I know you do.

Come closer to me.

16. Sunny

Sunny

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Starstruck
    Thanks everyone, looking forward to racing you all like old times.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  17. Jeff

Jeff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Good Luck with the comeback

18. Divide.

Divide. Banned ;_;

• Founding Member
    • Banned
    Team:
    [¢β]
    Never thought I'd see this back. Good luck y'all

19. Sphinx

Sphinx

• Founding Member
    Nas on fb after i messaged him - Lol@explaining who you are, I know who you are sphinx, my old trusty blue shell taker trance maker mkWii goat

ilu

Sunny likes this.
  20. Rekusa

Rekusa

• Founding Member
    Welcome back Starstruck! looking forward for MK8 :cool:

21. Hydro

Hydro

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Black and White
    For some reason Sunny I thought you were the GOAT back then. I think I had you on my FR for a bit, but it seemed like every war you were in you were near the top.. at least the ones I saw

Good luck guys!
    - korey

Sunny likes this.
  22. Mecha

Mecha Banned ;_;

• Founding Member
    • Banned
    Nice one, Sunny. Maybe you should've spoilered it, lol? Have fun in MK8.

23. Sphinx

Sphinx

• Founding Member
    Thanks bud, hope you're doing okay.

24. Benxh_

Benxh_

• Founding Member
    Living like Rt

Noah likes this.
  25. Smoke

Smoke λρ

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    λρocalypse
    Anyone actually read Sunny's post?

Should be allowed a free trial tbh if someone did.

Either way GL, nice to see this back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.