1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please check any posts made which include 'mariokartwii.com' within them, as the site is currently filled with malicious content. Any posts with the url will be hidden for user safety.
    Dismiss Notice

Very Old Veteran Returning... Massive long shot!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MKR Bob, Apr 21, 2017.

1. MKR Bob

MKR Bob I'm-a Luigi, number one!

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    MKR
    Main NNID:
    Bobby
    Hello everyone.

You may not know me, in fact i'm fairly sure you won't, but I was a huge fan of Mario Kart Wii way back in the day. So much so that I started a clan; MKR. We were a group of like minded individuals who loved the heck out of that game.

We came together to have fun and enjoy races together and when the time came, we would also put out one hell of a competitive team.

In our heyday on Mario Kart Wii, we all had 9999vr ratings, took part in various competitions and I still have a few screenshots of when I made the top 10 in a few time trial courses and Nintendo competitions, heck, I even kept the Nintendo Magazine with my name featured in the back as a contest winner. For a good few years I lived and breathed Mario Kart, but life unfortunately gets in the way sometimes!

I unfortunately skipped Mario Kart 8, but with the deluxe version on the horizon, my curiosity peaked - I wondered if my old clan was still knocking about. To my disbelief, I was astonished to see that a number of it's dedicated members had kept the MKR name alive and strong, loads of members had come and gone, but I almost shed a tear knowing that something I started as a bit of fun had evolved into something so much more.

It is my hope that I can bring the remnants of MKR back together (it seems a little quiet from 2015ish onwards) and start a similar group to make Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as enjoyable as possible.

Does anyone here know of any active members from MKR?
    Does anyone remember me from way back in the day? :(
    Is MKR now finally dead?

1 week to go, I am super excited!

Some members I remember and hope hear this: MKR Blitz, MKR Peri, MKR Mashed! (Please!)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Storm, Ash and Scopatron35000vr like this.
  2. Killua

Killua k&a <3 Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    I remember you from so so long ago but I doubt you'd remember me, I used to go by coolguy and I was in clans like cB/TGS/iS waaay back in 2008-2010. Welcome back and I hope you enjoy MK8D!

3. MKR Bob

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    MKR
    Main NNID:
    Bobby
    I honestly didn't think anyone would remember me haha... Coolguy vaguely rings a bell believe it or not!

Thank you for the welcome, I hope I do too :)

4. rip it

rip it We are here to do more than just survive. Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    AL
    Welcome, good to see you're back c: If you need anything, anyone in blue or red would love to help you out!

5. MKR Bob

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    MKR
    Main NNID:
    Bobby
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad I'm back too haha.

I'll be sure to hit you up if I need anything.

rip it likes this.
  6. Bob

Bob

Team:
    WILD CATS
    Welcome back ;)

Ash likes this.
  7. MKR Bob

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    MKR
    Main NNID:
    Bobby
    Say..... Nice name bud!

Bob likes this.
  8. Rhodechill2

Rhodechill2

Team:
    Formerly [iS] & Rated R★
    how old r u

9. MKR Bob

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    MKR
    Main NNID:
    Bobby
    25, why?

10. Eric-sama

Eric-sama #AnimeRight

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Nintendo 5-Star
    Main NNID:
    toadster101
    Welcome back, Bob. I remember every single person you mentioned, including yourself. Like most Mario Kart Wii veterans from that era, they've since moved on to greener pastures. I could never forget about MKR and their Sherbet Land spam! They were one of the defining teams of MKW's golden age. I'm sure we'll see a returning face or two for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but don't expect the Mario Kart community to ever recapture its former glory.

Storm, Zebe and MKR Bob like this.
  11. Rhodechill2

Rhodechill2

Team:
    Formerly [iS] & Rated R★
    title says ur VERY old

12. MKR Bob

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    MKR
    Main NNID:
    Bobby
    Sherbert Land FTW! I've never played the same track so much in my life haha. Great throwback to my days playing the N64.

I'm glad that MKR had such an impact on the community and that we were able to be apart of that golden era, and even after the original founders moved on, MKR shone on! But at the same time it certainly is sad that it came to an end.

What is the state of the community at the moment then? Why do you think the community will never reach the heights that MKW did? Have we seen a drastically reduced player base?

Thank you for the welcome.

Ah touché... But did you factor in Mario Kart Years?

13. Sk8

Sk8

Main NNID:
    Athia08
    Welcome back! :) I used to race with a few of your clan mates back when I used to play Mkw. I had MKR Davey added to my roster. Not sure if he is still around though..

MKR Bob likes this.
  14. Googie

Googie

Team:
    Googie Gang
    Hey there! I never directly participated with the clan, but the name is definitely familiar. Welcome back!

MKR Bob likes this.
  15. Aran

Aran

Team:
    Hysteria
    Hey if you are looking for mk players to race with in mkd you can check out this thread. (If you are intrested no pressure) welcome back!

http://forums.mkboards.com/threads/switch-fc-sharing-thread.31929/#post-658052

Should be right

MKR Bob likes this.
  16. MKR Bob

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    MKR
    Main NNID:
    Bobby
    Thanks!

Be really good if Davey is still around. I think he may have joined MKR after my departure, but once a brother, always a brother!

Thanks a million bud! Hope to see you on the track soon.

Cheers Aran, think you've seen my message over there, added you and a couple others already - great idea man!

Aran likes this.
  17. Rylan

Rylan

• Founding Member
    Holy crap, the man the myth the legend. Welcome back! Yes we're still kicking around a little but things are pretty loose these days. We still do have a semi-active skype chat! I'm Rylan, we never met but I've been in the clan for years now. Thank you for starting it, we should chat about all this. I have contact with Peri and Mashed.

Edit:
    I just found this:
    http://z10.invisionfree.com/MKR_Clan_Board/index.php
    Can't believe it's still online, with history and fc's and an old moth stuck in a cobweb!
    It used to be referred to by mkr.org.uk operated by Vayduh. But there is much more to explain!
    (@mods, everyone else too, this is not a link to an active forum. I'm sorry if this post is of any problem. I merely put this here for historical purposes. Please edit if needed with apologies from me)

Also found this, http://z10.invisionfree.com/MKR_Clan_Board/index.php?act=Members
    Really interesting in historical context, I only loaded up the first page and saw:

255MP Members 8-October 08 2 (for those who don't know, 255mp was arguably the best tournament host in MKWii days, the best players would turn up for his tournaments.)

Also it looks like we're still in the GTT!!!! (that's probably because none of us have reset the tables in forever..... http://www.gamerselysia.com/index.php?leftNav=events&mainC=eventsGTT_board )

More info to come.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    MKR Bob and Aran like this.
  18. MKR Bob

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    MKR
    Main NNID:
    Bobby
    Rylan! Glad to meet ya!

That is incredible. I barely remember that site... Vayduh, how could I forget his efforts!? And that list of members! I had no idea of the scope of the clan after I left.

I actually feel terrible for leaving now haha... I wish I'd stayed and helped keep all this going.

I am so glad to hear Mashed and Peri are still around, it would be so great to get back in touch with them and catch up. I'd also love to hear about everything I've missed out on.

Are you online here much Rylan, or Skype or whatever else? :D I recently got a new(ish) laptop so let me know what I need to download man!

Thanks for dropping me a message on here!

19. Rookie

Rookie Staff Member MKU Staff Media Staff

• Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    • Media Staff
    Team:
    HD
    Hey dude, welcome back. Probably don't remember me, but MKR was one of the teams in the old days who helped inspire me to create my clan that I launched in 2009, called HD. We played a season of WCL with you guys eventually also. Hope everything goes as you'd like with your returning, would be sweet to see MKR back for Deluxe.

MKR Bob likes this.
  20. MKR Bob

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    MKR
    Main NNID:
    Bobby
    It's so touching to hear that MKR was an inspiration for some. I'm glad that it helped bring HD onto the tracks alongside us, are they still going? A race with old friends would definitely be amazing!

Thanks for the welcome bud!

21. OB»ςάΐήτ«

OB»ςάΐήτ«

Team:
    OB (obvious brilliance)
    hey bob i kept the mkr flag flying on mk8 for around a year!,..i was in the minority though unfortunatley,as alot of members didn,t continue withe mk8 (love of mkwii probs),...so ended up joining\creating a new clan :)

MKR Bob likes this.
  22. MKR Bob

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    MKR
    Main NNID:
    Bobby
    Always good to see an old teammate around! Thanks for the welcome Saint, glad you had fun in MKR when you did.

It sounds like you may have joined at the end of it's busy period, which is a shame, but if it inspired you to make and be active in your own clan, then that's good news to me.

OB»ςάΐήτ« likes this.
  23. Rylan

Rylan

• Founding Member
    haha saint got tired of being the only mkr left yea, can't fault him. most of us dwindled off and either found splatoon or just stopped playing. i started playing mk8 again maybe 3 months ago but very infrequently..

also got back on mkwii via wiimmfi! just getting to know some of the new tracks there are so many but you can play on the originals too.

OB»ςάΐήτ« likes this.