1. Moderator Applications are open! Find out about this, along with a number of other updates, here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

[W10] ωß 308 - 344 [ωZ] ✔

Discussion in 'Division 1: Shock' started by me, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace

ace 0507 Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    VA
    wade barrett doesn't even use his bad news gimmick anymore you uncultured swines

@nuvema

Charles likes this.
  2. Effect

Effect

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Nah but he still wears his "King of Bad News" shirt

Charles likes this.
  3. rusoX

rusoX

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member

Btw, Im not salty it is the sad truth

Effect, Alex S, SX and 5 others like this.
  4. crash

crash Must obey Hawk

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Best Team

Charles, Tzuzu, prawn and 4 others like this.
  5. Sane

Sane Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Untouchables
    Both teams should get a penalty for driving mkw.

Charles and Gavin like this.
  6. Feysal

Feysal Love Galore

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    MB

its ok wb and brian

Agger, Tommy, Charles and 2 others like this.
  7. Tzuzu

Tzuzu Like late summer they slowly fade away MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    old but gold

Charles and Feysal like this.
  8. Futile

Futile

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Quinτessence
    this is a very fun game i would like to give my condolences to nintendo for making the best game of all time, and the csl staff for making all of these penalties possible because they decided to take japanese methods into the league since half of us are weebs anyway. thank you and good night.

9. Xandzr

Xandzr 読めない Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    hi. within my mario kart wii absence i haven't really been paying much attention to anything that's been happening, but this particular subject has caught my eye

first things first, i honestly couldn't care less about the results of this match, nor could i care about this game in general right now, so no, this is not to be taken "with a pinch of salt", but i've noticed some things are a bit off

prior to getting into the csl penalties, i'd just like to remind everyone how wZ goes about their penalties in scrim wars, specifically when it comes to the overlap rule. by this i mean handing out penalties like they're nothing, even while the proof is inconclusive. but when they're receiving the penalty on the other hand, even while the penalty is 100% justified with 100% proof, they refuse to take it, and tell the other team they can "have their fake win" as seen here:

clawehmkw: -20 though
    clawehmkw: lol
    Knuckstrike: did they repick or smth?
    clawehmkw: nah
    clawehmkw: they got overlapped
    clawehmkw: and kept moving
    clawehmkw: lol
    ToadKart64: idrc
    ToadKart64: win's a win
    ToadKart64: ggs
    ToadKart64: count fake win if you want you could use it

i also recall them giving incorrect d/c points and going against the rules (despite all being csl admins?) in order to get a win. i understand being desperate in csl (seeing wz do it every week gives me a great understanding what it's like), but in scrim wars it's pretty pathetic tbh

now to this match! i notice that when wZ stole wB's box, that the penalty was not counted. now the opposing argument is that "rcs already had an item!!!" but that's complete shit lmao. the rule stated that stealing a box is a penalty, it said nothing about the person already having an item. not only that, but rcs had the potential to hold his trail out in order to get an additional item, but the box was stolen, therefore that possibility was taken away. why should he have to go out of his way to get another item when the box should have been there for him? not only did the council (wZ) change/go against a rule, but they were also idiots about it.

now onto wB "getting overlapped". now, if you're gonna use the minimap to decide whether or not someone was overlapped, then you might as well staple a piece of paper to your forehead that says 'i'm a friend?'. i saw jas' screenshot where he apparently passed leaf, it's extremely close, bare in mind the only reason he passed him on the minimap from his point of view is because your own funky head is larger, so it may look like he passed them. i was hoping that some would have the brains to realise that, but i guess not. now take a look at this video uploaded by rcs:

or this printscreen that brian took from jas' pov:

or these printscreens that tyler took from jas' pov, proving that leaf was not viewable from the rearview mirror:

[2:15:28 AM] Tyler: https://gyazo.com/00a0cbd4df827010b286e0ea2ccc3708 if he was ahead of leaf you would see it in this frame
    [2:15:50 AM] Tyler: https://gyazo.com/389bbf9a8631a5948e19cda0d007a740 or this one
    [2:16:24 AM] Tyler: https://gyazo.com/6e1241cad3874ea001c4c9ce070f0e2c or even this one
    [2:16:41 AM] Tyler: https://gyazo.com/49f7cc3f783799ceedab2fa50bea7a07 OH THERE HE IS!
    [2:16:43 AM] Tyler: way fkn far ahead

if jas really did pass leaf, then he would have been seen in jas' peripheral vision while he was looking backwards

so next time, before you decide to hand out a penalty, take off your skrillex glasses, give them a nice rub, and look again

wZ constantly bending rules to their own benefit should come to complete stop as soon as possible. i'd recommend taking a few of them off of the council, or making sure the rest of the council stops kissing their ass cheeks.

thank for read, bye

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Agger, Espada, srb003 and 20 others like this.
  10. Futile

Futile

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Quinτessence
    praise the above poster

Charles and me like this.
  11. Effect

Effect

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    preach

Charles and me like this.
  12. me

me Certified CX Member

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Relapse
    and to close off what @Xandzr said:

thank

Espada, srb003, SX and 8 others like this.
  13. rusoX

rusoX

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member

MKW Season 5: A new drama

SX likes this.
  14. EvuL Soldier

EvuL Soldier

This thread seems depressing, so let's cheer this place up.

srb003, SX, Sane and 8 others like this.
  15. Charles

Charles

• Founding Member

TK64, Proto, s and 5 others like this.
  16. silviu

silviu

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member

SX, Ara, 4Vex and 3 others like this.
  17. TK64

TK64

• Founding Member
    Team:
    ωZ
    lol @ bringing casual wars into account in a csl setting, i couldn't give less of a shit about overlap penalties in casual wars because they're meant to be enjoyed and worrying more about penalties than the actual war (csl season 5 in a nutshell) isn't enjoyable. NRG wanted to take a -20 penalty to win the war because we supposedly got overlapped during respawn cut on GV, my response was a good summary of my feelings, i simply didn't care. i was on 0 hours of sleep and didn't take the war seriously to begin with. on that note, i'll take penalties as i see them in casual wars vs wB/RE because you're the type of people who will take any and every measure to win a war, whether it be casual or CSL, and that includes the obvious measure of taking whatever penalty you can come up with, intentionally lagging positions (nice DC texture brian), and the age old classic of cheating to win (you've got plenty of past contributors to that category). it's beyond hypocritical how wB/RE is reacting to this considering if you look at the matches from the season, the team that has benefited from penalties the most by far is wB. funny how when things don't go your way, suddenly wZ runs the league and the council hates wB (might i remind you how much representation wB has had on the council this season?) of course. maybe if your overlord brian didn't ragequit the council (because he was going to get booted off the council anyways by popular demand of a community wide vote) he would have been able to add his two cents in this scenario, but regardless it shouldn't matter as the popular opinion was that his actions incurred a penalty to begin with. even your own clanmate 5olar argued that leaf was definitely overlapped, because in the video you can hear leaf break a crate when jas is passing said crate conveyor belt, why the fuck are you judging off the minimap? i brought this up to brian in the D1 chat yesterday and he completely ignored it, because he clearly had no counterargument, this alone proves my point. nothing in xander/tyler's post proves anything otherwise, it's just a giant brick of an essay so people who dislike wZ (there are plenty for some curious reason) blindly like the post while being uneducated. you can't see leaf in jas's rearview because he's way off to the right and not a large amount behind him, is that not obvious enough? he uses a star in order to pass jas but it's too late at that point, seeing as it was that close he should have played it safe, but he didn't, he got greedy, and he paid the price. all of this over a match to determine 2nd place, and for supposedly "not caring about the results of this match" you sure seem to be passionate about it. throw your personal insults at wZ all you want, we don't care, you're the team that has benefited the most from penalties, you're the team that forced us into a 4v5, you're the team full of immature trolls and caught cheaters that make a mockery out of this community. this is, for lack of a better term, a taste of your own medicine. if CSL is so awful and biased for making this decision, then by all means, drop out. go back to CT's and MK8, i don't think many people would be disappointed.

x, rcs, Proto and 8 others like this.
  18. Xandzr

Xandzr 読めない Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    this post gave me cancer

#epic #fail

rcs, Tyler, Proto and 2 others like this.
  19. TK64

TK64

• Founding Member
    Team:
    ωZ
    just the type of reply i was expecting, thank you for proving my point even more

rcs, Proto, Feysal and 3 others like this.
  20. Xandzr

Xandzr 読めない Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    see:

rcs, Proto, SX and 1 other person like this.
  21. s

s pavement

• Founding Member
    Team:
    NY
    district 12

MZ and Charles like this.
  22. KP♪

KP♪ The Best In The World At What I Do WL Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    XF - Crossfire
    While I understand the frustration people have over the decisions that have been made, shitstorming on a thread is not the way to go.

This season is over and done with so please stop trying to beat a dead horse. If you have any other opinions whether they're valid or not feel free to PM me them instead of making it all public. Now this thread stays closed until I say so and no-one else opens it. Until then some people can please grow up and others can stop instigating shit.

Regards.

Charles, Ryan921 and Viraith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.