1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Important WL Ruleset Changelog

Discussion in 'Help, Information, & News' started by Kneekoe, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz

Jazz WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Team:
    βλ
    Update

Change: Addition of Rule IX. c.iii.

c.iii. For trolling penalties, the trolled team must provide the full race including final results as evidence.

Reason: This allows both Councils to have more of an understanding how much the troll impacted the final result of the race.

Ryan. and Yasu like this.
  2. Jazz

Jazz WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Team:
    βλ
    Update - Completely new transfer section rewrite

Change: Addition of Rule IV. a.iii. and Modification of Rule IV. a., a.i., a.ii.

a. Players must register with their own IP address and friend code(s) and not any other participant’s.
    a.i. Exceptions can be made for players living in the same household and must be addressed to and approved by a registration admin. Guests are also allowed, so long as they are registered on MKBoards and prove that they are the guest in question.

a. Players must register with their own IP address and friend code(s), not those of any other participant. This means that players must register themselves, as opposed to having team representatives post their player registration for them.
    a.i. Exceptions can be made for players living in the same household, however they must be approved by the council in advance.
    a.ii. Guests are allowed to play during a match, so long as the opposing team is able to confirm that the guest in question is a player registered on MKBoards, and signed up for the correct team.
    a.iii. The council and/or registration admins have the right to decline registrations on the grounds of alt suspicion, and can also delay the processing of a registration if required.

Reason: There have been cases in the past seasons that people have tried to alt using different consoles, so this rule allows us to decline them if we feel there are any grounds of suspicion.

Change: Modification of Rule IV. b.

b. Players may only register for one team, and a thread for that team must exist on MKBoards.

b. Players may only register for one team per track type, and a thread for the team must exist as a Team Registration within the Wiimmfi League.

Reason: Technically people could be like “Hey so I can just sign up for one team?” when there are numerous track types. Also, we’ve had people register for clans that don’t even have registrations.

Change: Modification of Rule IV. c.

c. Players may register up to two consoles (or two save-files). If a player is registering more than one save-file, there must be proof that they are both linked to that person.

c. Players may register up to two consoles (or two save files).
    c.i. If a player is registering more than one console/save, there must be proof that both are linked to that person.

Reason: Like a few other rules, splitting it to be easier to read, also for some reason only save files were mentioned in the second half.

Change: Modification of Rule IV. e., e.i.

e. Players who make their registration, transfer posts, or FC updates after Friday @11:59 PM ET will be ineligible to play with those updates for that week's match.
    e.i. When a player registers or transfers to a team there must be significant proof of permission from a representative of the destination team (unless they are a representative of said destination team).
    e.ii. If a team representative is transferring a player out of their team, to a different branch of their team (ex: ¢β1 to ¢β2), or to the same team for custom tracks (ex: LL + CL), they do not need permission. All other registration update threads may only be made by the player.
    e.iii. Newly registered/transferred players may not participate in wars originally scheduled before their request was made.
    e.iv. The council has the power to deny any player transferring down divisions if they deem the transfer in question to be inappropriate or in violation of the minimum division listing.

e. Players may update their Friend Codes at any time prior to the match.
    e.i. If there is sufficient proof that an update has not been performed in time, the player will be considered ineligible to play and may be punished according to IV. g.

Reason: Turning e. in to a rule solely for FCs, in favour of making Transfers and Registrations clearer. Minimum divisions have been scrapped, so that rule is un-needed altogether. IV.g. is the rule about invalid transfers/updates being punished with -150 or the players’ points (whichever is greater).

Change: Addition of Rule IV. f.v.

f. Transfers mid-season to other teams may only be done at least three weeks after their registration/previous transfer, and prior to the default time for week 6. Please note that rule IV. e. still applies.
    f.i. Players may only transfer once during the season.
    f.ii. A player transferring from free agents is the only exception to f., provided they hadn't been registered for a team at any point during the season.
    f.iii. Players may only play one match per WL week, meaning that they cannot play in a W1 match, transfer to a different team, and then play in their new team’s W1 match.
    f.iv. If a player's team dies or a player is transferred to free agents by their leader, the player is allowed one free transfer. This free transfer bypasses both rule IV. f.i. and the 3 week buffer time between previous transfers/initial registration.

f. The Wiimmfi League has a mid-season registration and transfer period that takes place between 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Sunday in Week 5, and 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Friday prior to Week 6.
    f.i. Within this window, players may submit one transfer/registration, of which the council have the right to decline.
    f.ii. Transfers within the transfer window cannot be to a team that the player was in during the Preliminary Seedings stage.
    f.iii. Players who perform a transfer and/or registration may not play in matches where the default time is prior to their transfer. This means that, by transferring within the mid-season window, players would not be able to play matches for weeks 1-5.
    f.iv. Players may only play one match per WL week, so if for whatever reason a match is played during the window in advance, the player is not allowed to play for their new team up to that week.
    f.v. The only exceptions to the transfer and registration restrictions are:
    f.v.i. If a team dies and it is decided that the particular player is allowed to transfer.
    f.v.ii. If the player has been in Free Agents for the whole season, including the preliminary period.
    f.vi. Sufficient permission must be provided within any transfer or registration. This includes:
    f.vi.i. Valid printscreens of the leader/representative of a team permitting it.
    f.vi.ii. A post within the thread by a leader/representative confirming the registration and/or transfer.
    f.vi.iii. In the instance of a move between branches of a team (e.g. KG1 to KG2, or Bc RTs to Bc CTs where the person was not prior registered for a team on CTs), the leader may request the transfer themselves.
    f.vii. The council reserve the right to punish players and/or prevent them from being considered suitable to permit transfers for themselves or other players, if they believe that any insufficient permission, or deliberately faked permission, has been given.
    f.viii. The council reserve the right to decline any transfers or registrations. Reasons for this may be (but are not limited to) suspected alts (in which checks must be made) or potential unfair moves (e.g. stacking).

Reason: f., f.i. and f.ii. are very similar to those agreed by councils, following rules add the other areas required. Again, there is no minimum division system, so any mention of that is gone. At times, sufficient permission has not been given in time, and thus that needs to still be emphasised, although it could perhaps be condensed in to a rule like “Both registrations and transfers must follow the acceptable protocol here, failure to do so will lead to requests being declined.” F.vii. is basically to stop people thinking they’re funny by faking proof of people wanting to transfer. F.v. states the exceptions so as there’s no form of people trying to get their way around things.

Credit: @Stunky for re-creating the new registration section.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Mzrcury, Stunky and Zagler like this.
  3. Jazz

Jazz WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Team:
    βλ
    Update

Change: Modification of Rule VII. i.

i. After a reset, the host will wait a maximum of 8 minutes for players to join the room. If stalling is evident after all the players are in and room stability is good enough, a strike and then a host ban will ensue. This ban is independent on who the host was, it only matters if it's the same team both times.

i. After a reset, the host will wait a maximum of 8 minutes for players to join the room. If stalling is evident after all the players are in and room stability is good enough, a strike will be given to the entire roster of the team. If a second offence occurs, in the same match or a different one, then a host ban will ensue for the entire roster and any remaining home matches will be hosted by the opposing team(s). The host-banned team will still be allowed to determine ruleset and engine class.

Reason: Both Councils have agreed that this rule needed to be a more harsher punishment in order to prevent stalling from happening. The strike will apply to the entire team, not just the player. That way, if a team stalls once they are all given a strike, and if they do it a second time, they are all host banned and any remaining home matches must be hosted by the opposing team. They would still be allowed to choose ruleset, engine class etc. however the right to host and have 1st place in room would be given to the other team. Other reasons why the entire roster will be getting a strike is because the team could just sub in different people to stall and, once again, find a loophole in the system. That is far more likely to stop stalling in the league, as the strike would have some serious implications rather than something that all the teams can disregard easily.

GUNico likes this.
  4. Jazz

Jazz WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Team:
    βλ
    Update

Change: Addition of Rule XXI.

XXI. Playoffs
    a. Before the start of the season, Team Representatives will be voting for their teams in order to choose between having playoffs or no playoffs. There are 3 choices to pick from this:
    a.i. Best of 3 - Participating in 3 wars where the first team to win 2 wars win the division. The first seed will have a bagging advantage of choosing for the First and Third war.
    a.ii. 7 GP War - Participating in a 7 GP War where the team with the most amount of points at the end of the war wins. The first seed will have have host advantage and engine class choosing for the whole war The first seed will have bagging advantage for four GPs: GP1, GP3, GP5, GP7 while the second seed will have bagging advantage for three GPs: GP2, GP4, GP6.
    a.iii. No playoffs - There will be no playoffs after the ending of the last week which means whoever finishes first wins the division.

Reason: For whatever reason we never even had a playoffs rule for ages, but anyways, this season both Councils have decided to have 3 choices that the team representatives will have to choose during the start of the season: Best of 3, 7 GP War, or not playoffs. The reason we have kept the Best of 3 format is due to it still getting a good amount of support, so we felt it would be better to allow teams to choose between all 3 choices than just 2.

Change: Removal of Rule IV. f.v.

f.v. The only exceptions to the transfer and registration restrictions are:
    f.v.i. If a team dies and it is decided that the particular player is allowed to transfer.
    f.v.ii. If the player has been in Free Agents for the whole season, including the preliminary period.

Reason: Both Councils have decided that this rule will be removed due to the fact we strictly want every transfer to happen during the W5-W6 period. Therefore, teams that die and the players want a transfer, would have to wait until W5-W6 to do this. The same goes for New Player Registrations and Free Agents/Unseeded Teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.