1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

New WL Ruleset Suggestions

Discussion in 'Help, Information, & News' started by Doyy, May 4, 2017.

1. Doyy

Doyy

• Founding Member
    Hello everyone,

there has been a lot of criticism towards the ruleset lately, especially discontendedness concerning inconsistency and arbitrariness.
    In order to avoid further problems with ambiguity, the rules undoubtedly require a makeover. This time, however, we would like to use a different kind of approach:
    As we've seen from people's emotions, it is clear that there is a general interest to make sure the WL rules are as fair and equitable as possible. It has come to our attention, that many of you have suggestions but were struggling to get them through to the council for one reason or another, so we've taken the initiative to remove that boundary now.

You are presented with 2 options:

1. Discord - https://discord.gg/DVVE5T4
    We have created a seperate Discord server for you to openly discuss your ideas with not just the council but everyone that wants to participate.
    One vital aspect of this is, and I cannot possibly stress this enough, that this server is to be used exclusively for rule-discussion. Any form of spamming, trolling etc. will result in an immediate ban from the server without negotiation. The council will be strict with this rule to ensure that those willing to share their opinion will not be undermined. Since there are no "official" regulations, we have trust in everyone's moral guidelines to know how to behave. Constructive criticism is more than welcome, insults evidently are not.

2. Private Message
    For those of you who wish to express their point of view anonymously or simply feel more comfortable that way, you can alternatively do so by direct-messaging me on discord.

For reference, the current ruleset can be found here: http://forums.mkboards.com/threads/13627/

This way, we want to ensure that the community is an integral part of the rule-forming process. On behalf of the council I genuinely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lack of definite rules, when I joined during the ongoing season, making major changes did not seem possible to me.
    So this doesn't happen again, we are looking forward to cooperation in order for season 10 to be a better experience for all of us.
    Thank you for reading

~Doyy

adagify likes this.