1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Interested in becoming a part of the site staff? Staff applications are open! Read this thread for more information, best of luck to all who apply!
    Dismiss Notice

Stream Host Yasu

Discussion in 'Media Staff Applications' started by Yasu, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Yasu

Yasu

• Founding Member
    I'm applying for the stream host role after I've thought about it and talked with a few people recommending it to me. I might also apply for the caster and content creator roles, considering I've done a lot of talking and generally experienced myself with video editing and content creation over the years.

• PC Specifications
    CPU: Intel i5 4690K @ 3.5 GHz
    Video Card: MSI GTX 660
    RAM: 8GB

My computer is very well able to run streams.

• What is your experience with streaming?
    I started livestreaming on YouTube in 2012, although I quickly discovered and realized that Twitch was much better suited for streaming. I streamed a variety of games and grew somewhat of an audience. In mid-2012, under the name of Royal1337i, I livestreamed Custom Track Worldwide Races for a few weeks and had very much fun doing so. The more I livestreamed, the more I learned about how to act and also technical stuff. I grew a very huge like towards interacting with the people who would tune into the chat and hang out there. As of today, I am very experienced with the most common livestreaming and recording software, OBS. Unfortunately, there aren't any of my old livestreams saved from anything before 2016 and that is simply because I was never aware of the "autosave" function on Twitch until after I stopped playing Mario Kart Wii in 2014. 2016 was probably my biggest year in terms of livestreaming, as I livestreamed a lot on YouTube and Twitch. Throughout summer vacation and further into my second year in college, I managed to livestream CS:GO and osu! for around 60 days in a row. I have livestreamed CS:GO, Minecraft, osu! and Mario Kart Wii over the years, as well as other minor games. Like I said, I have gained a lot of experience and knowledge from this, which I am very happy with. I do feel like all of the research and retrying at things that didn't work out has payed off to what I can do today.

Currently I livestream over at https://www.twitch.tv/shybaka, but please do forgive some of my possible toxicity that I have during clan wars. I do realize it can be inappropriate and I do try becoming less toxic. There is a simple reason; I love clan wars and take them seriously. But yeah, I stream pretty much all of the Mario Kart Wii things I do nowadays, whether that's time trialing, worldwiding or playing clan wars. Sometimes with overlays, sometimes without, maybe even controller cam. You name it.

• What stream settings do you use?
    I will be showing my encoding, video and advanced settings of OBS. They are nothing special though.

*Do note that downscaling to 720p is the wiser move as streaming in 1080p makes absolutely no difference in quality, but only uses more hardware.

• What is your activity level?
    I have plenty of time. In fact, I've been wanting something to be able to do with my life, meaning I have plenty of time, even on weekdays. During weekends, I should be available for around 30+ hours (spread out from Friday evening until Sunday evening).
    • What is your experience in the MKWii/MK8 community?
    I have been apart of the Mario Kart Wii community since mid-2011 and have been around a lot of people and communities of people. I know who a lot of people are and have talked to a lot of people. As some people know, my reputation was not the best during WFC days, as I was only around 12-13 years old, very immature and very annoying. I am very different these days though and I try my best to stay away from trouble (working process).

As for Mario Kart 8; very little. I got the game on release day, but quit after a few months due to lack of interest in the game and being in need of money. Plus I've always liked Mario Kart Wii better.
    • Speedtest result

*Note: the really bad one was when I had internet issues and my internet was fluctuating like crazy.

• Discord Contact
    You can contact me on Discord @ Yasu#9002

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Rush, Enzo and Jazz like this.